Friend of mine gifted it to me in August, when I was still in a very "look and see" mode. I wasn't terribly impressed with the very first gameplay vids.

Witcher3, for me, had the benefit of the previous game, which in turn got me to read all the books, so the third installment built on a lot of lore and world details already established in my head. The game does play on that, introduces people and plotlines very familiar to the reader, which made for some smiles and head nods altrough the main story.

With Cyberpunk it's the complete opposite, as I've never touched anything of that setting before. But it's CDPR, they know how to do story, how to design realistic believable environments and how to make a good game, so I'm very optimistic I'll like it.

What I'm not sure of is, if it's a good idea to play it on the release date. Currently I immensely enjoy the Horizon Zero Dawn PC Port, and maybe giving CP2077 a month to settle with the most urgents patches before diving in would be a more rounded experience.