Originally Posted by Lieste
Meh. There isn't much of any substance in the list of pre-release changes IMO. Certainly not enough to make your claim that 80% of the game is missing to be anything other than rampant hyperbole.

There is a metric #%&*$# of content in the game, most of which is of high to very high quality, with a fairly thin layer of glitches and minor bugs detracting from the solid core of the game.

Consoles are certainly a problem, and with the ambitious scope of the game, even as finally implemented I can't see them being practical for this type of game. The Marketing 'pretending' that consoles would be more than usable, and then preventing proper review and reporting of the actual pre-release performance and problems is a bad mark for marketing.... but then advertisers and marketeers are not people I trust generally. I don't generally do pre-orders. It is better to make decisions once you have the full deets.

the story is good but you can see a lot was cut from it as well. side quests are basically the same stuff in different places, with a few ones with a narrative. it clearly looks like they changed the game at least twice in terms of narrative, some character talk stuff that seems to lead somewhere or that come from somewhere that you never get to know.
plus they anounced the life choice would impact the game and have a meaningfull intro quest..you are basically done in 10 to 15 minutes, and if you choose corpo you just talk to 2 guys and that is it not even a quest. the game certainly would be a game changer if they did what they advertised 1 year ago. now it is and will always be just a generic rpg shooter.