Originally Posted by DBond

As for the GTA comparison, not sure what you mean. In GTA you can go anywhere from the start. But I think that missions will be at the core of the experience. The missions, character interactions and progression will be wrapped up together, but in such a way that it all feels natural and organic, as hinted at in some of the previews. From what I've seen there is probably plenty to enjoy if a player just wanted to exist in the gameworld. But I think it would miss most of what's great about the game. Caveat: But I have no idea really. Speculation and conjecture.

GTA V is still essentially lifeless and dead when you aren't running missions and are in between them. Sure, you can drive around and steal stuff, rob stores, cars, etc., but you can't simply explore and converse and trade and do whatever like you can in say Morrowind or even Kingdom Come Deliverance. You're still burdened by the need to go on missions.

Don't get me wrong, GTA V has come a long way from GTA 3, where stuff actually does happen in the world and they've gone to great lengths to make it "feel" alive. But you, the player, are still burdened by the ever nagging need to do a mission goal, not your own goals, or else.

I spent a hundred hours playing KKD... and still haven't beaten the game. I basically put the main quest on hold and just went out into the world and my guy is wealthy beyond measure, with all the top gear, without progressing to the end of the main plot. I'm not sure where I am in the plot, actually. Likely halfway, but not at the end, that's for sure.

In No Man's Sky? Hah! I've barely scratched the main plot's surface, but hundreds of hours later I'm a tycoon with bases on planets and riches galore, but I do my own thing and I'm fine with that.

HOWEVER

If Cyberpunk is purely a story driven linear campaign, I'm okay with that. Hell, it could even be like Dynamix' "Rise of the Dragon" (if you remember this cyberpunk game from the early 90s" and I'd be fine with this. Waiting around for missions though, or trying to figure out where the next mission giver is like GTA forces you to do isn't my cup of tea.

I say this having enjoyed the Witcher games, immensely, especially Witcher 1. I haven't beaten Witcher 3 yet. Inventory management drives me nuts.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 12/01/20 04:41 PM.