Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
This is sad and good to hear. I can only tolerate GTA for so long, before I grow bored.

I dislike mission structure in open world games. I do not want to be told what to do next, and I especially don't want to have to refer to a map that tells me where to go to get my next mission, or have to wait until my next mission appears. I long for the days of Ultima where there were no notes, there were no quest markers, there were no directed destinations. We had to figure everything out by dialogue with every single NPC in the realm, and figuring out what the right questions were to ask, while exploring and adventuring an discovering at our own pace.

I enjoy games that require the use of my mind, not my clicking finger.

When I was playing The Witcher 3, I had the same problem I had with Skyrim, but slightly worse. I found that in the Witcher, I had this amazingly rendered world around me, but that all I was doing was following a quest marker and watching the mini-map. Literally just follow the arrow, do The Thing, then follow the next arrow.

Thankfully, unlike Skyrim, I was able to disable all that stuff right in the Witcher game. If I needed to go anywhere, I had to look at my map & figure out where it was & how to get there. If I wanted to try a shortcut through an orchard, I had to look deep into the orchard to see if there were any creatures in there rather than look at my mini-map radar. I had to make more risky decisions based on what I could see in the actual 3D rendered world. I enjoyed it much more after that. I had to do the same thing for Skyrim, except that had to be done with mods. In Skyrim, once I had done all that I started to notice all these little paths that go all over the place. Following them always led to finding something interesting to do. With those horrible quest markers & "points of interest" markers, I would likely not even have noticed them. But they are there, someone made them to be discovered & followed.

Does Cyberpunk 2077 have the same abilities?

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."