I've now got nearly 15 hours in to the game. I'm having fun with it. I kinda like the combat. I've gotten in to some fun shootouts. The AI is not outstanding, but they put up a good fight. They use cover, throw grenades, use drones, hack, rush and dodge about. I have no problem with them being bullet sponges, and as I level up, my effectiveness improves as I'd expect. I started off thinking I'd go all stealth and cyber, but after a bit I found I was having enough fun with the gunplay to diverge off in to reflexes for the weapons perks. With rifles and SMGs both grouped together this felt like an efficient tree to climb. My build is sort of spread out at the mo, but having played a bit I can start to see how I'll enjoy playing and can start to focus a bit.

Chucky I have a Ryzen 2600, 1660Ti and 16 gigs. Runs well for me. As mentioned earlier I turned off a few things, like film grain and depth of field, but not sure how much effect it would have as far as performance. I did it more for the way it looks. My card is a Turing but it doesn't have some of the more advanced features like ray tracing. I turned FRAPS on to see what my framerate is but it didn't display for some reason. is there a built in counter? Whatever the number, it runs smoothly. If I had to guess I'd say I'm getting an average of around 50 fps. Quite smooth but at times I can tell it's not quite to the max. For such a modest box I'm happy with the way it runs for me. Matter of fact, the experience to this point has been almost trouble free. A few graphics glitches, but nothing else I've noticed.

I've done a little bit of most things. Some main story, some side missions, some gigs. Mostly though I've been playing neighborhood vigilante. Just walking around and taking down criminals and gang activity. It's sort of like GTA's gang attacks. Small groups of bad dudes that I can engage however I want, which pays pretty well, is good XP and street cred, and builds perk points fast. If my next main mission might be to meet Jackie 600m away or whatever, I'll just go there on foot and see what's around, getting in to gunfights along the way. Driving is really bad in the game. That's too bad, but a handling rework isn't out of the question I think. It's like driving on ice with a layer of sawdust over it lol. I'm using a controller and just cranked the sensitivity all the way down and the driving's not so bad this way, but it makes also looking around while in the car or on the bike way too slow as it's the same sensitivity setting. Pick your poison.

Not crazy about the loot system if I'm honest. You find a gun that does 65.8 DPS and the next battle a minute or three later, one that does 66.1 DPS and so it goes. As a result I am branching off in to tech too so I can use the crafting system, use the iconic weapons, and craft and upgrade weapons that will improve alongside me. Or that's the plan.

I feel vibes from a lot of other games in this one. After the early word I was worried about performance and bugs. After a handful of hours it's not that that's the issue. If there is one for me it's the fact that Cyberpunk turned out to be weakest with the thing I was hoping to be it's strength. And that's the interactivity of the world. I'm having enough of a good time with the game so far that doesn't bother me all that much. The set pieces are fun for me so far, the characters are interesting, the dialog is cool and the setting has a great vibe to it. I expected more yes, but there's enough of a good game here for me to have a lot of fun with it.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!