I can dig that others have their own expectations, standards or paradigms. Based on what I have seen, I am impressed with the combat. I mean, this is a a full-blown RPG. Not many first-person RPGs have good free-aim firearm and melee combat. Games like Fallout, Deus Ex, Stalker and Mass Effect do not have strong combat mechanics. Fantastic games (although I never liked ME as much as others do), but the gunplay is not a strength. I have not played FO 4 or 76 so maybe that's improved, and I think VATS is cool, but that's why I specified free-aim.

A few RPGs that comes to mind where I think the combat is good are RDR 2, Borderlands, Prey. But I reckon most play RDR2 in third-person. I played it entirely in first person and liked the combat. I guess Prey could count here too, but I seem to like the combat in this game more than most, judging by the comments I see. But even then, you wouldn't compare Prey's combat to the best shooters. It's a bit rudimentary really.

Compared to other games in the genre, Cyberpunk's combat (based on a handful of videos and game previews) looks to be really good. But I also realize we can't really know yet. It may be a huge letdown once we've had a chance to give it a go. The combat skill tree is pretty broad, and it will be interesting to see how precious skill points are, or how diverse versus specialized our mains will need to be built. The weapons system looks very cool. Weapon customization is one of my favorite things in games. The ability to modify it and make it mine is very appealing. There's a stealth element and hacking element (remotely jam an unsuspecting enemy's weapon before initiating combat for example). You can grab a NPC to use as a human shield. Taken as a whole I think Cyberpunk has the potential to be a great combat RPG, and the videos don't do anything to discourage this opinion. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!