Originally Posted by DBond
I started my run, choosing Street Kid for the background. Played about 4 hours and really like it so far. I was happy to find the game runs very smoothly for me. I don't have a cutting edge box, and was worried that this would be the first game to bring it to its knees. But it runs very well. Smooth framerates and looks good. I disabled several graphics settings straight off, like depth of field, film grain and a couple more. Specs are Ryzen 2600, 1660Ti and 16 gigs of RAM. I didn't even update my driver which must be a year old and it all ran smoothly and trouble free. Much better here than I was expecting from the early reports.

Two bugs have struck. One is while walking down the street some of the pedestrian traffic NPCs simply vanish in front of my eyes. And once or twice I saw an object load first as a very low-res version then it instantly morphs in to the high-res version, but you can see it before it does. After all the alarm over the state of the game I must say I was very happy to see it's not so bad after all (so far).

Four hours means I'm still in the prologue, but so far I am digging the gameplay. Voice acting so far is top-notch, the characters are convincing, even if I've only dealt with a couple so far for any length of time. The gameplay seems solid. It successfully pulls me in. Early impressions are quite favorable but there's plenty more lying ahead so we will see where it goes from here. First impressions are vital of course and so far it's been far better than I expected it to be. I'm leaning toward a stealth build, even if stealth is rudimentary. But that's my jam, so we will see how well it plays out in Cyberpunk.

I'm at the stage where the background choice takes the player down a unique path, the Street Kid opening. Along the way I was tasked with stealing a high-end whip. Sneak in, disable the security, and bring it back to the client. But it all went wrong, and I found myself completely in to it. It was convincing and compelling, and the sort of thing that makes me keen to see where Cyberpunk takes me. I had very high expectations for this game, maybe unreasonably so. The early buzz and reviews served to put a bit of a damper on those, but so far I am digging Cyberpunk.

go to a road......look all the way in one direction then make a 180....now do it again......spot the difference ? there is no permanency the cars just like npcs despawn as soon as you are not looking in their direction.
also someone found that pc is using the same configuration as last gen consoles in the config files. changing that helped me a bunch. i can get 39 frames without using the awfull resolution scaling