Last night I finished watching "Homeland," which I've been watching for the last five months or so. I have a rule of one episode a day for a show, as there are likely far too few good ones out there that are an hour or so long and have 5 or more seasons already produced.

This was a good show, started out strong, and kept strength throughout, minus a few writing blunders here or there. There are things they could have done better, particularly exploring the main character's emotional side--which, as far as I can tell, she never developed or changed--only revealed in my opinion a darker side of personal psychopathy due to her lack of emotion for anything but her own goals. This may be an unpopular opinion with those who have watched the show, but the signs are there, beyond her bipolar disorder which is handled relatively lightly. My favorite character was Mandy Patinkin's Saul, surprisingly, and not the main, and the ending of the show cemented this.

What was refreshing was that the show tried to remain apolitical, did not bash religion, did not force identity politics down our throats--not even once, nor any of the other filth that most shows try and foist on us these days. This was a stark contrast to the last crapshow(literally) "Orphan Black" that I watched. Homeland was good, but not perfect.

Thus, I rate the show *** 1/4 out of ****. It was strong, but not enough so to make it to the highest echelons, thus putting it below three and a half star shows such as "The Expanse" and "Battlestar Galactica," and certainly far below the best of the best four star shows such as "Breaking Bad," "Mister Robot," or "The X-Files." Still, three and a quarter stars is a respectable rating and certainly a show worth watching. The flaws I won't discuss here as to not give away any spoilers. I enjoyed the show and regret now having to find something new to watch with at least five complete seasons already aired.