Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205537/

It must be easy being a Casting Director nowadays.

The film calls for a leading man actor that people are familiar with?

Sure! Easy Enough!

Let's just pick one of the actors that were in either the J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Franchise, the Twilight Franchise or the Hunger Game Franchise.

After all, if they cast any actors outside of those franchises, the narrow minded movie goers nowadays wouldn't be able to relate to the title character and enjoy the movie - they will be preoccupied during the entire course of the movie asking themselves:

"Who is that? I've never seen him before?".

So it's much better for them to say "Yes! That's the guy from Star Trek, I like him" or " That's the brooding 1000 stares idiot from the Twilight films. This movie is going to be fantastic! I can sit back, relax, and enjoy this!""

I am aware it's been nearly 20 years since the last Jack Ryan movie with Harrison Ford and this movie is a Jack Ryan origin but surely they could had done better in term of casting for the title role and screenplay.

At least even Ben Affleck in the Sum Of All Fears is so much better than this Pine guy.

Yes, there will be a sequel!

This Pine guy will be doing both Star Trek movies and Jack Ryan movies for a while.

God saves us all!

1.5/5

What's in the box? C'mon, what's in the boooox?