Originally Posted by DBond
And the detail is amazing. For example I noticed Arthur's pupils dilate according to the ambient light. And something as trivial as the ruts made by a passing stage coach. In most games these, if they exist at all, will be a uniform depth and appearance. But in RDR 2 they form according to how firm the ground is. Where it's softer, the ruts will be deep, but will vary as the wheels move over drier ground, where the ruts are less deep or non existent. It looks absolutely real, and this sort of attention to detail is everywhere you look.

When my son comes over to visit, he brings his PS4, and as I had bought him RDR2 for Christmans, I wanted to see it in action. I too was blown away by the details and variety of those details. You can get a reputation by acting in certain ways. Your hair & beard grow in real-time. You get dirty over time. If you eat too much you get fat. All these things (and more I'm sure) cause the random peeps to treat you in a certain way. You can easily get yourself into an undesirable state where no-one will want to talk with you biggrin

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."