Hey Oden, it's a good game I think you'd like it. The crashes are still there unfortunately for me. Fewer, but not gone. The game doesn't load all that quickly, so a CTD is a pain. Not everyone gets them though, so maybe you'll be lucky if you get the game. It probably comes down to the OS/video card/CPU soup and we all have a different one. On the positive side, I did find a fix for the persistent mouse cursor, at least it worked for me. Check this link

https://www.reddit.com/r/PCRedDead/...mouse_cursor_fix_thanks_to_ukingdom9214/

I just cut those four files, removing them while saving them just in case. and the cursor is gone, and I see no residual issues so far. Only if you are using any part of the Epic launcher I reckon, but maybe those are the only folks having the issue.

I mentioned hunting before. Aside from the obvious things like meat and pelts, other parts like claws, horns and antlers can be used for crafting, and there are special parts that can be used to create talismans/trinkets at the fence. Most of them require something from the legendary animals around the map. You'll get a map of their general locations from Hosea I think. And then hunt them down. Each talisman provides some sort of boost, whether it's slower weapon degradation, stored carcasses won't spoil, or longer Dead-Eye time. I set out today for a hunt. Stocked up by packing several outfits on the horse, cooking some game at the campfire and stopping off in Valentine to buy some shotgun ammunition at the gunsmith. I always seem to be running low on shotgun shells. Then I plotted a route to where the legendary buck was shown on the map. I think the game really shines when you sort of come up with your own stuff. Plan adventures and take advantage of the wonderful open world in this game. It's all seamless like Witcher 3. Maybe better, as in W3 you still had to load in the different areas like Velen or Novigrad. In RDR 2 there are no loading screens unless you die, or more likely crash to desktop.

But it shines because the countryside is so striking, so alive. There are travelers, bandits, lawmen, merchants and all sorts of animals along the way. On this trip I passed through some of the mountains and valleys west of Valentine which is just gorgeous. Deer are spooked and dart away, flocks of birds flushed. Trains rumble by in the distance, wary horsemen canter by and might draw their weapon if yours is out. Cross babbling brooks and rivers, up and down through the trails, above then below the snow line. I loved just riding through the countryside in KCD, but I like RDR 2 even better. I was jumped by a group of four bandits but was a little quicker with the shotgun, stopped occasionally to catalog a new type of animal or plant. Shot a bird for it's feathers (craft arrows) and the night's supper which I ate at a camp I set up on a cliff overlooking a huge valley. All of this because I decided to go a hunt a deer. It's such a robust playground. Players that like to come up with their own storylines or roleplay a bit can have a lot of fun in this game.

On the third morning after having left camp down south near Rhodes, I awoke, ate breakfast of canned beans and venison, fed and brushed the horse, and broke down camp. We had spent the night where the legendary buck was shown on the map. To find these legendary animals, you have to use the Dead-Eye ability to search for clues, bits of fur, dung, scratchings and that sort of thing. This gets you on the track and if all goes well, you'll eventually spot the prey. I used the Lancaster repeater on this one, and maybe I should have used the rolling block for more hitting power because it seemed like I got in a couple of headshots that did nothing but scare it away. So I had to hunt it down a few times. Finally I lined up a headhsot actually using Dead-Eye and it dropped, but wounded. I put it out of it's misery, but hesitated a bit, which says something about the sense of immersion, that a video game deer could cause an emotional conundrum like that.. A more powerful rifle may have done the job more cleanly and I suppose that's all part and parcel of becoming a legendary hunter smile

[Linked Image]

Attached Files legendarybuck.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 11/15/19 07:59 PM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!