I wanted to shoot the rope just as it went taught. I thought that might set her free and she'd take off running with half the town after her and me trying to hold them off. But maybe it wouldn't even work. I needed to be back another 30 or 40 feet from the crowd but it was one of those moments that just passed without the outcome I would have liked.

Another involved the photographer guy you meet. I went to meet him the second time and did the task required. I had gone there for that, but also to hunt a grizzly for the hunting challenge (skin three bears, and needed just one more). I moved off after finishing the photographer thing, leaving him to tend to his camera. Soon I had traversed a rise or two and he was no longer in sight. I called for my horse, but he didn't come. Whistled again, no horse. Hmm, wonder what's going on? I looked at the mini map and in the direction of my horse a red enemy dot blinked on and off at the edge, therefore showing azimuth but not range.

I decided to go see what was happening. As I crested the rise nearest the photographer I saw a grizzly lunge for him. I instantly went Dead-Eye and took aim at the bear's head just as he swiped in super slo-mo. My round hit his head a mili-second after he hit the photographer, who fell dead with the dead bear on top of him. Skinned the bear (a perfect pelt!) and said a few derogatory words about city slickers in grizzly country and went on my way.

Dead quest-givers are not ideal, but it happened and these sorts of moments I have to let stand.

And the actor who plays Shane in TWD is Jon Bernthal, and he's been in other things. Might not be the guy you're thinking of Coot, but I felt confident I had nailed it. This is the dude

Attached Files bernthal.jpg

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!