It's worth it Chucky in my opinion. I'm like you and usually don't buy games until they've gone on two years or reach the 'Game of the Year' edition stage. But I made an exception for RDR and it''s actually the first game I've ever pre-ordered, even if that was only 12 hours ahead. I still got some pre-order bonuses. I started with $200 cash and a free war horse and maybe an extra outfit, gear or weapon or something. (Edit: it was the Outlaw's Survival Kit, with some potions and other consumables apparently, and of course the double-action revolver unlocked in GTA Online)

I've dropped 50 hours so far and the progress is at 50%, so I'll get 100 hours out of it, and could go 150 if I were to just free-roam a lot (but I think I'll just play it again). On a per-hour basis it's a bargain. But with this game i say forget all about value, just get it because it's an amazing game and well worth the money. It's one of the very few games I would place alongside Witcher 3 as the best of the best. Of course there's every chance you could dislike it, but it seems you've gotten the sense it's up your alley. Honestly, this is why I put those little stories in my posts. Seeing someone say a game is good or not isn't all that helpful for me. But when I read about the actual gameplay, like a first hand account, I can get a sense of whether it's something I would like to play.

Yeah RDR 2 is full-price at the mo, and there aren't many games I'd advise to break your rules for, but this is probably one of them.

And I'd like to add that I began posting in this thread with two major complaints, CTDs and persistent mouse cursor. Since performing the cursor fix I mentioned earlier, both issues are gone. The game runs very smoothly, looks fantastic, and is now stable. That doesn't mean it will be for everyone, but on the other hand perhaps players shouldn't be as wary now of the technical issues at release.

Just curious, does anyone else love the poker in RDR 2 as much as I do? smile

Last edited by DBond; 11/20/19 03:34 PM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!