Weapons were level-locked in GTAO as well. When I was playing it a year ago I made a post here that said the single best thing that could be done to GTAO, the single thing that would transform the gameplay and make it a much better experience, would be to remove the player dots on the radar. Without those griefbeacons it would be vastly improved, putting an emphasis on teamwork and planning. And crucially, it would mean the d-bags who fly around on the Oppressor would suffer as they would not instantly know where the shots were coming from or exactly where the next victim is. At the very least, I wanted it to be a server option, like free-aim is.

It would be so good in fact that I could see actually blending in. Imagine you wore an outfit not unlike the NPCs, and actually walked down the street with your weapons away. A sniper sitting on a random rooftop, scoping the streets would have a hard time sorting the players from the crowd. Disrupting another player's business or sales would require teamwork, with communication, and with lookouts posted to determine where the deal was going down. Instead, we get a flashing red dot that says the player whose time you want to waste is RIGHT HERE!

So RDRO has this? There are no player beacons or radar dots? That's quite encouraging.

And yes, somehow R* conspired to exclude text-chat from the game. It's a glaring omission, but honestly it's all sh!t anyway. Still, if you were to hook up with others and not have voice, this is a bad thing. I imagine they'll add it sooner or later.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!