Cool Mark, I'm happy it worked for you. Did the trick for me and it's much better without the cursor on the screen. I was able to mostly ignore it, but it's certainly better without it.

I should know better than to type this.... since doing that cursor fix I've had no crashes. Kiss of death I'm sure. But so far so good.

Spent quite a bit of time yesterday hunting legendary animals, and now have the trinkets for the coyote, beaver, elk and buck. The elk was harder to find as he wasn't really close to the location indicated on the map. A right proper hunt it is, just don't focus on the map location maybe.

RDR 2 isn't funny in the way that GTA was, but I laughed at the plight of a stranger I encountered yesterday near St Denis. I was galloping down a trail when I heard someone yelling. RDR is full of these sorts of encounters. It might be a woman whose horse had died and she needs a lift back to town. It could be someone feinting injury to stick you up. Or a man with his foot caught in a trap, or any number of things. You can ignore it or decide to check it out. I usually check it out. This encounter went something like this

Twice Bitten: Help!! Anyone help!! Oh man, I'm gonna die. Help!!

Me: You again? You went and got yourself bitten by a snake again?!

Twice Bitten: I know I know. I'm so stupid. You gotta help me mister. I feel so cold. God it hurts!!

Me: OK then, have some of this (take out healing potion and hand it to him)

Twice Bitten: Oh man, thanks. I gotta start carrying some of this!!

Haha, well I thought it was funny. Same dude I had saved earlier in the game, also from a snake bite. Some people never learn.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!