Originally Posted by Coot
I don't how far you are into the game Dbond but you got that auto shotgun pretty fast it seems.

Yes, and I described how I got it a few posts back. I'm in chapter 2. Just found it in a gun case in some lady's cellar at a farm I decided to check out. Good gun, but seems to lack punch a bit. I've been leaning on the side-by-side for most of my shotgunning needs.

I did just about everything I could in the game.

That's impressive, as it's such a big game. I feel like I've done a lot already, but then again I am still in chapter 2. Again and again I am off to do something and along the way another thing happens and I'm sidetracked off in a different direction.

Two more things that I like about RDR 2 I want to mention, the map and the journal. I am a map guy. My friends make fun of me for not using GPS and always checking maps. I study maps for fun believe it or not. So the map in any game is one of the things I tend to be more critical of. Many fall short of my expectations, but some are great, and RDR 2's map is one of those. Nicely drawn, and very useful. It resolves to more and more detail as you zoom in, with even contour lines at the highest zoom. It seemed I was on a streak of substandard maps over the last however many games I've played, but RDR restores the faith with an attractive and functional map.

There is a hand-written journal that's also nicely done, recording Arthur's thoughts on what he has seen and done, along with sketches of things he's encountered. It's written in cursive and must make the youngster's heads explode.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!