Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
DBond and Master, you guys don't have stutter or micro pauses ?

None for me. It's as smooth as any game I've played. And looks gorgeous. Spent some time in town yesterday getting in to brawls and pursuits, and the game looks fantastic. Not only does it run well, the textures and effects are amazing. The buildings, the terrain, the sunsets!, everything. Muddy roads look like muddy roads. I thought KCD did a great job here (and it does), but RDR 2 takes it up a notch. And all of this detail is combined with ridiculous view distances.

As I said I didn't touch the graphics settings, just left them at default. Not sure if it sets them based on an auto-detect routine, so it's different for each player based on his specs? So surely there are graphical features that I don't have enabled. Honestly I don't want to even open the settings to look as I'm afraid I might jinx it. Can't say why it runs so smoothly for me and not for others, but perhaps my unambitious settings are part of it? I took a look this morning and I am running driver 419.35 in case it might matter. My specs are modest, a Ryzen 2600, GTX 1660 Ti and 16 gigs 'o RAM. Game is installed on a mechanical drive.

And when I say it's smooth, I mean perfectly. Not ignoring or excusing random or infrequent hiccups or slowdowns. It runs perfectly, aside from the crashes. I've now had 3 CTDs in about 10 hours of play.

Master, what I've done is just start using the X Box controller for the menus and that works perfectly. It makes things like shopping and inventory management so much better. Upgrading the horse's equipment for example was nearly impossible with the mouse/menu problems. I'm sure they will work it out, but for now the controller overcomes the problem for me.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!