I think you'd like it Archie. Its a great story, some excellent characters and a wonderful world to live in for awhile. Combat is necessary but I wouldn't say its over done unless we're speaking in terms of story missions with multiple levels and when crap hits the fan. Random encounters are a lot of fund and feel dynamic. I once got stopped by two highwaymen type robbers under a covered bridge when riding through. You can also run away from trouble while not in a story mission. Hiding from bounty hunters is fun. Its a relaxing world map to explore too. When I had finished RDR, I would still play free roam in the game and just ride around on horseback after a hard day at work while listening to my own Western catalog and things like Jeremiah Johnson soundtrack. RDR 2 is even bigger with a larger variety of environments so it bodes well for that type of relaxing free roam play. Animations and physics are excellent and its very much designed to be slower paced interaction with the world. Movement is quite slower than typical games but for a guy like me, its great. I already soak up most game worlds and take my time and this game is basically designed around a "take your time" type attitude. I suppose its irritated some people but I loved it. Everything feels heftier and weightier and more grounded. Arthur's basic walk is even a moseying pace.

Keep in mind the game leads you along for an hour or two before you can free roam and quest at your leisure.

Thanks Dbond for that PC list. That's nice that the PC version includes a few extra bounties.

I'm like you DBond and DM with regards to maps. I did the very same thing in Witcher 3 and RDR2. I turned all HUD elements completely off and try to use the map and my own memory of the territory and land marks to get around. RDR2's HUD is well done so that with the touch of one button, you can quickly bring up the HUD that then dynamically disappears after a moment.

Last edited by Coot; 11/12/19 03:02 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13