Originally Posted by W-Molders
how is it

We should start a thread on it biggrin

Johan, right there with you. I spent quite a bit more time than that looking for a racoon haha. Today I went hunting for a panther for the satchel upgrade. Didn't know exactly where to look, but had a hunch. Arrived there around dawn and slowly made my way through the area, with the bolt-action out. After about 20 minutes, I thought I heard a cat's growl, on the other side of a small rise. I was crouched to keep quiet and moved in that direction. Heard it again, louder this time. Definitely a cat. As I crested the rise and prepared to go to scope, the panther pounced on me in a flash and mauled me, and I fought it off but near death. Before I could bring up the wheel to administer first aid it pounced again and killed me dead.

So I tried again, but moving through the terrain in such a way that no close ground was out of sight. This time I spotted it about 200 feet away. It was resolved as a big cat or something. Study revealed Florida Panther. I had to wait a few minutes for it to move to an angle for a headshot, and I shot it with the bolt-action. Loaded it up alongside that racoon, and back to camp. That got me the kit satchel upgrade. The big cats are dangerous in this game, even gators seem more interested in running away, but the big cats will hunt your ass down.

A couple more screens. If I'm posting too many let me know. smile

Back at camp, with the panther and the 'coon on Ricochet. Look a the detail on the saddle, and the shoe prints in the mud, And this is on balanced. Superb looking game isn't it?

[Linked Image]

I said before I had only landed one legendary fish, the smallmouth bass. Make it two. I got the chain pickerel too. I've caught hundreds of these in real life, but none as big as this. It was the size of a pike. And it should be said that the animal and fish artists for this game did a spectacular job. When you look closely at one of these fish, or a ringneck pheasant or a mallard duck, or any animal really, the detail of the creature is phenomenal. Just beautiful. For the pickerel I switched to the controller, and I'm not sure that's why I landed it, I think because it was only 9 pounds and easier than a sturgeon or a steelhead. But using the controller is very different from keyboard. You actually sort of 'reel' it in on the controller.

What a view. The Dakota River bend, and I reckon how Horseshoe Overlook got it's name. The pickerel was pulled out of the river on the left. Both of these shots are from first person, which is how I play on foot. Most of my screens are third person though, since the free camera is only available then.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files panthercamp.jpgdakotariver1p.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 11/24/19 04:52 PM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!