A patch dropped and the new build should be 1207.73. Among the changes are 'improvements' to the cores draining issue. So they don't use the word fixed, but at least they're aware of it and making changes. Too early for me to notice the difference, but I did fire it up to be sure it still ran OK smile

I got a rainstorm, which lasted from 12:08 PM to 1:28 PM, which seemed longer than many I've seen before. I did sit still, so that I wasn't heading in to, or away from, the storm. I never tested it before so I don't know if it's actually different. Pretty useless report actually. Curious if anyone else notices if the days seem longer, or if your cores seem to last longer. Too many variables to easily tell I think, but if it's different we should feel it I think.

Body weight is working better. I've been perpetually underweight since the start of chapter 2. Tonight I ate three steaks and a can of beans, which is more than I would usually eat, slept a few hours, and it rebounded to average weight next day. I ate that much just to see if I could raise the weight quickly now. It didn't seem to matter what I ate before, it stayed stuck at underweight. But you know, it doesn't matter, as the penalty for underweight is small, and is countered by an even better bonus. I mean, I like the trade of +5% damage taken for -5% stamina drain. Going to average weight makes these values 4.5%. It's pretty insignificant isn't it? But I wanted to see if whatever cores changes they made could be seen somehow. For me it looks like it's getting there.

Improvements to address an issue that resulted in stalls on 4-core and 6-core CPUs
Players with NVIDIA graphics cards and 4-core or 6-core CPUs should install the GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 441.34 from NVIDIA and remove any launch arguments to resolve this issue: For more information, please see this support page: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038940333
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a permanent mouse cursor being displayed at all times when launching the game via the Epic Games Store
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in the player’s cores draining at a faster rate than intended in Story Mode when running at high frame rates
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in player weight decreasing at a faster rate than intended in Red Dead Online when running at high frame rates
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in players not being able to place Waypoints on the Pause Menu Map in the correct location
Improvements to address an issue with matchmaking in Red Dead Online that resulted in players with incompatible control settings joining the same session. We recommend that players using mouse and keyboard controls should switch to ‘Free Aim’ targeting mode before entering Red Dead Online.
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in all custom graphical settings reverting to a low preset when the game was updated
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in an ‘Activation Required’ error when loading the game after system hardware or device changes were made
Improvements to address issues that resulted in a crash and displayed the ‘Failed to initialize graphics device’ or ‘Unable to initialize graphics driver ’errors when launching the game. If this issue still occurs, please make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed for your system.
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when launching the game in Fullscreen display mode while using Vulkan
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when launching the game with some graphics-related launch arguments active
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during loading screens when entering Story Mode or Red Dead Online
Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash while modifying weapons at the Gunsmith in Red Dead Online
Improvements to address issues that resulted in random crashes and the error “Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly” during gameplay

Last edited by DBond; 11/21/19 01:11 AM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!