RDR2 was the most time consuming PS4 game to install that I've ever had. If memory serves, it took a few hours just to install the game to the console using the install disk and I think it came to around 100+GB of data. I was surprised as I've never had a PS4 game take anywhere near that long to install. Most of them install within a few minutes and some I think allow you to even start the game while its still installing. RDR2 however took a long time and then after that, it was recommended that you download the day one patch which was monstrous. It took me with our internet connection all day and night to download that. I couldn't install it until the following day. So it took almost two days from the time I bought RDR2 in the store to be able to play it. I imagine the cinematic/movie-like aspects of the game take up a lot of space.

Speaking of patches, as far as I can tell, Rockstar still has not fixed a significant problem they introduced with a subsequent patch. One of the later patches disabled ambient occlusion making the game not look as good as it did when I first started playing. I don't understand why they haven't addressed that yet. I imagine PC users won't have that problem as they are likely to have a whole slew of graphics options available to tweak.

Last edited by Coot; 10/10/19 07:15 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13