Originally Posted by wormfood
I'm still in chapter 2 hanging out at Horseshoe Overlook just to keep hunting in a more central location.

Smart move

The problem with that location is fishing

What do you mean?

most of the weapons are locked.

True, though there are a number of weapons you can find out in the game world, although only the shotguns would really be good for hunting, at least of the ones I have found. I avoid spoilers so who knows how many I've walked past already? I've had two quests for ages now, rock carvings and dino bones, and I've never noticed any. Surely I've stood right next to some by now smile

I've found three shotguns --a pump, a side-by-side and the semi-auto. The side-by-side was above a fireplace on a mantle but I don't recall where (edit: now I do and this can be obtained on a chapter 2 mission). I do know the others but don't want to spoil it, but if anyone's not concerned with that I can reveal the locations. Always be on the lookout for cellars and attics/lofts with a ladder leading up to them. And when you get close to these guns a mini-map marker actually pops up, unless you've disabled it I suppose, so you know one is nearby. I think the best big-game hunting rifle is the rolling block, and you can get the standard one in a chapter 2 mission, and the rare one in a chapter 3 mission, but it falls as loot off a NPC, so it could be missed. I bought the .22 as I never found one. You can use the bow for small game, but you need to craft small game arrows, so the .22 is a better choice for me, and the scope helps a lot as you can keep your distance so the quarry doesn't bolt.

What really irritates me is every patch my graphics settings get all mixed up.

Same here, but I use the balanced preset so easy for me to revert. If anyone is doing a custom setup then I can see how annoying that would be.

Last edited by DBond; 11/22/19 08:14 PM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!