Originally posted by 5tide:
[QB]

What T-34vsTiger needs to be successful:
- WINDOWS AND LINUX SERVER ENGINE TO HOST INTERNET MULTIPLAYER GAMES(can I emphasise this more?)
- dynamic campaigns
- open structures to save files so if someone wants to make an add-on, it's easily read.
- open structures to game files and settings
- a software developers kit, or an open-source architecture to allow player/community add-ons
- map editor
- strong mission editor
- ability to play saved games and missions (i.e. you are in the middle of a mission, you save it, and come back two days later and start off again).
- ability to edit saved missions with an editor
- ability to edit tank camo in-game. Want to add a skull-and-bones to the side of your tank? How about kill-marks? How about a neat camo-pattern?
- Gameplay: as you gain experience, you gain control over more tanks, and more resources. Start off as a tank commander, then a section commander, then a troop commander, then a squadron, then a regiment. You also have ammo considerations, fuel to manage, and waypoints/engagement strategies.
S!,
Looks like a good plan to me w/ a few exceptions. I totally disagree about the open architecture. Open source has, IMHO, been the downfall of so many games. The usual end for OA format is cheating and the destruction of any competitive online gaming. I'm assuming that the OA format would also apply to online? If not, the OA might be ok for single player game only. The downside to this is, hackers usually figure out a way to turn single player cheats into online cheats given the chance. However, I'm all for skinning, map creation, campaign design etc. I would much prefer the 1C approach where only the programmers have access the core physics and modeling of the units. It's the only reason that the IL2 series is still good for online play....no wide spread hacking.

I must say that this future sim has been the only thing to get me excited about the sim realm in a couple of years. I know, people are psyched for BoB. I'm probably one of the few that could care less about BoB. I'm just not interested in that portion of aerial combat. The small theater bores me, as does, the lack of a more diverse planeset. Anyhow, T34 vs Tiger, looks to be the sim I've been waiting for for some time. I hope this sim goes through w/ the same quality of control that 1C has over its programming. I'm very much looking forward to experiencing an armored combat sim.

HB

American by Birth; Southern by the Grace of God.

www.jagdverband44.com

My Rig:
Win 10 Pro 64
AMD Ryzen 3900x
EVGA GTX 780 3gb (stock)
16gb ddr4 3200
2Tb nve HD for OS
3 6tb 7200 WD black HDD
Asus 570 motherboard
HP Reverb G2, Virpil CM2 Throttle, Virpil Warbrd base with Warbrd grip