Basically and I’m not answering on behalf of MajorMagge who I’ve known through PE – PEDG for over five years, is that our community ( the tread heads) suffer from games that ( with all good intentions) are rushed – incomplete and don’t actually satisfy the gamers that their aimed at. They have a tendency to attempt to appease all yet ( for commercial reasons) don’t make anyone happy. In other words – in attempt to make them successful and financially viable the “game” in it constitution becomes a flat platform of FPS + some sim aspects thrown in and a hyper graphics engine or as we call it “an eye candy generator”. Unfortunately developers think that there is a Battle Field 2 size community out there ready and waiting to propel their latest attempt into the top echelons of the PC games chart. The problem is this is not true.. but as PE proved there is a vast community awaiting to be re awaken if only the right formula can be found.
Red Orchestra became a commercial success for Tripwire not because they were bullied by the community into creating the game, but because the community added the content needed to make it work.
In my opinion and I take Panzer Elite as a yard stick in this argument, is that even if T v T is not perfect in its first incarnation but has the potential to become fantastic then it will be a commercial success. And the things that will draw the people to the game that can have a major influence on it in the future are tools that give it the ability to me modded i.e mission editors and modding tools.
My advice is tap into a massive resource “ the community” because the free man hours of enthusiastic modders would way outstrip even Microsoft resources in the pursuit of the perfect sim.

http://www.t34vtiger.com forums and WW2 chat