Originally posted by Razman23:
Originally posted by 5tide:
[b] Rainer, has BlackBean though of ways to encourage younger gamers who dont have the trackheads passion for WW2 AFV sims, to play this game? I know it sounds strange, but we are a small bread of warriors and it would be nice to inject new blood into this type of game. Also it may help sales and thus encourage more sims. My only suggestion is to make real effort with the MP game. I was for short time involved with RO . Alot of younger players were exposed to the thrill ( if somewhat less sim like) of Tank v Tank. In the end we were creating Tank only Maps with little or no infantry. These became very popular and even to the point where we would take on mass assults of AI AFV's versus Players with a command structure and voice over IP commands. Also Player Versus PLayer. Yes agreed RO was limited and not at all a "SIM" but it was excellent fun and the 2 servers we rented for the custom maps where always full.
All Im saying is that if you can tweak the MP game in such away that you dont have to read enless manuals to play or know 50 key combo's to get the tank to go backwards.. then those players of online shoot 'um' up/ sims as in R0 may wnat to take the step to a game like your team are producing.
Maybe using the joystick to control the tank?????

Joystick to control tank movement and buttons to control other commands.

I dont know about you but I dont think there were too many high tech toys mounted on the tanks of The Great Patriotic War. [/b]
Of cousre silly me I forgot they didnt have Joysticks !! doh oh hold on they didnt have keayboards PCs or surround sound !

Hey Razman23 why dont we get the company not to realese it to the public.. that way we can pass it amungst us in private.. so we can then lock the the door and play with ourselves for hours on end ?
I mean the fun you can have playing against AI all the time ! woohooo .. did they have pause buttons in the middle of the battle? Oh and I bet they got to play the same battle over and over again... come on guys we lost u can stand up lets try that again... u ready Mr Ivan ?
For me the nearest you will ever get to a sim is to actually be sociable.. and play against other "Real People!" yes its true.. people play each other.. man what ever next ?! One day you will be able to talk to your friends while playing the game.. shock .. they arnt recorded ? WTF real humans... never I hear you say Razman... but i bet it will happen ! We could have them put pause im MP Razman23 would that help? or maybe make sure the players always did the same thing over and over.. until you have finally defeated them?
Maybe have a virtual general pin a medal on you in front of you adoring AI crews smile ?
Lets hope the devs dont encourge any new players to enjoy the Tank Sim games.. that way devs wont bother to make anymore Tank sims and one day there will be only a handfull of players smile cant wait..

http://www.t34vtiger.com forums and WW2 chat