Fearlesslds,

"Knights of the Sky".....certainly is WWI! smile

http://www.SimHQ.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=001669

"WWII Battle Tanks" sounds cool too (but as has been mentioned already, from a simulation perspective it'll take lots of T-34 "over-runs" to make the gameplay balanced against Tiger I formations. Hopefully there will be more armor available, both Russian and German to command in the sim. Still, it will be interesting to see how the AI reacts on the battlefield. Will we see massed Russian formations of multi-tank battalions and brigades pushing towards objectives, or will the sim center around tank "dog-fights", of a handful of units swirling around a location?

In the end AI control and terrain complexity will be very important to the gameplay, and what has me curious is what other formations will be occupying "40 square kilometers" of map terrain while we command our individual tanks towards an objective....will there be a dynamically evolving battlefield (the Front) in progress, or will game missions be aimed at static lines, via canned scenarios (which is ok if things don't get repetitive)?

EDIT: (after reading the above recent post)

I would also choose a) IF, continued support (a process for adding content) is being pre-planned in order to expand the sim's coverage. In fact, I would personally encourage the 1st-Quarter release in order to get the game out (w/o being rushed of course), as a means of introducing the sim to the marketplace, but with the expressed intent of releasing add-on content to grow the title over time.

IMO.....offering add-ons, modules, unit-packs, is the way to promote the health and success of the simulation market in general.

"Build it and they will come", but don't stop there......plan on-going expansion over time, meeting customer demand for more title content, while providing the producers the opportunity to offer additional retail add-ons so that we customers can "grow our own" (add to our base game's vehicle, mission, and map content).

If the title is good to start with, we'll be wanting more gaming goodness as time goes on ,but the expansion business model has to be stated clearly up front, so we customers know the designers are in it for the long haul too! wink