Hello, sorry for the first time post.

I have been waiting for many, many years for a good tank sim to come out. One that didn’t feel like an 80s arcade game and had up-to-date graphics. Blessed be, this could potentially be my holy grail!

I have a question, though, and I’m sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread: Will Lend-lease Shermans be playable? If so, will the 76mm armed variant be playable?

If so, I would like to throw some information out to the developers concerning the much-maligned Sherman. Most tank sims I ever play make the Sherman/ in any variant, invariably worse-off than the T-34 variants and this is flat-out wrong. For a game that is aspiring to have realistic ballistics I implore you not to make this terrible mistake, as many sources including the various works of Lorrin Rexford Bird and Robert Livingston will indicate that the 75mm M3 had greater hole-punching strength than the 76mm F-34. Similarly, the American 76mm M1 series effectively outgunned the 85mm S-53 weapon of the Soviet Army.

For a direct comparison, you need only look to Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics by Thomas L. Jentz. Within these pages it is clearly stated that the 76mm American weapon could penetrate Tiger armor a consistent 200 meters further out than the 85mm Russian weapon.

The Sherman was also, at least from the front, better protected than the T-34 vehicles. More info on this can be noted in the above listed sources as well as commanding the Red Army's Sherman Tanks: The World War II Memoirs of Hero of the Soviet Union Dmitriy Loza.