Yeah, Netherlands is always interesting. I almost restarted myself but I'm going to try and push through anyway because I've got some decent rulers and I'm dumping points into development. I'm not going to worry too much about tech, I'm playing 'tall' and Utrecht is in an end trade node so lots of mercs, no need to be ahead in mil tech when I can just buy more soldiers.

Rulers, I'm an Prince-Bishopric so we pick our leaders in a semi-random fashion, usually gets good results. If possible I want a republic.
[Linked Image]

The results of the first war, I said things would be easy and at first they were. However the Pope and a few others peaced out, while Burgundy declared war against France. Things turned South quickly, while I was keeping my fleets away from the English (while still picking off the Portuguese) my army was engaged and destroyed by a force twice it's size, my emergency merc stack was wiped too and my capital and only province besieged. I hadn't even had the chance to raise stability past 1. Luckily England got hit hard by the war of the roses and we made a quick recovery.
[Linked Image]

Soon after (1465) I am again engaged in combat, this time helping my Saxon allies against Burgundy and her vassals plus Hesse. Normally I don't like helping useless allies but this was a good opportunity to smack down a future rival, who owns land I'm interested in. It was a back and forth war, where neither side really had enough troops to make things interesting. I lost three battles in a row and took a hit to my already low manpower. Loans aplenty. We did however manage to siege down their lands and force peace. Not bad but I was occupied again and my income, manpower, stability and prestige have tanked.
Interestingly the Ottomans have decided to subsidise me.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 20170924160454_1.jpgrulers.jpgottosub1.jpg

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing