Originally Posted By: Security_Device_Enclosed
Sweet Sweden! I can't quite tell from the colour, is that the Netherlands controlling the Shetlands or the remnants of Scotland?

That's what's left of Scotland.

Quote:
As for invading England, I'd say go for it, as Sweden you're the successors to the Vikings, recreate the Norse kingdoms on Britain's north east coast!

That's exactly what I thought too. So I landed 90,000 troops near Glasgow and proceeded to siege down Great Britain. The Royal Navy was strong, but we were stronger. And now there's no Royal Navy. I don't know if you've ever been Reformed, but Fervor system lets the player choose between three bonuses...

-- Trade, for 10% power and steering
-- Stability, for -2 Unrest and +1 Dip Rep
-- War, for +15% army and navy morale

So for any wars that won't be a walkover I choose to run the war bonus. And England had nothing really to boost their army and the land battles were fought with my army at 9 morale and theirs at 4 morale. I can't recall ever having an advantage like that over another western nation.

In the end I took all of the starting Scottish provinces, and if it weren't for Scotland still having that one little island, I would have released them and saved the admin points. I forced England to release Wales and quickly made them my vassal with the aim of feeding English provinces if they will take them. I don't know if there will be time remaining to take the rest of England and Ireland, but we will try.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!