It's not long before the capital is visible up ahead. By now, we're at about fourteen thousand, our patrol height...

[Linked Image]

...but I put on another couple of thousand feet before levelling off. Today is one day I definitely don't want to run into a bunch of Huns with an altitude advantage and a point to make.

[Linked Image]

A gentle course adjustment to the right is needed to put us on course for that darned steel factory we've supposedly come here to stop getting bombed. The famous U-bend in the Thames, around the Isle of Dogs, is as usual an unmistakeable landmark, for Hun bombers as much as ourselves. But the skies are clear, which a check with the Controller back at the Ops Room in Tangmere, confirms.

[Linked Image]

On we go. Below my aircraft you can see several other landmarks, including the Palace of Westminster (a.k.a. the Houses of Parliament) and further downstream on the Thames, Tower Bridge.

[Linked Image]

Ahead and to the right are Tilbury Docks. The sun glints prettily in the water of the Thames Estuary, but I haven't come here for sightseeing.

[Linked Image]

Suddenly I realise there are aircraft to my right rear, flying away from us. They're not attracting Ack Ack fire, no-one has reported them as hostile, and a check with the Controller confirms he doesn't think they are, either.

[Linked Image]

Another RAF squadron going about its business, evidently. They're soon slipping away behind us. I watch them go, just to be sure they don't suddenly do something hostile. Which they don't. Which suits me, in my present unwarlike mood.

[Linked Image]

By now we've reached out patrol area so I begin to orbit. Warily. After that collision on the last trip, I'm concerned that some idiot could run into me and thwart my heartfelt plans to come through today, and preferably the whole battle, in one piece.

[Linked Image]

But suddenly, I've got other things to worry about. A check with the Controller reveals that he has some trade for us.

[Linked Image]

The Huns are coming!

...to be continued!

Attached Files Shot12-22-19-19-09-50.jpgShot12-22-19-19-13-03.jpgShot12-22-19-19-13-16.jpgShot12-22-19-19-16-14.jpgShot12-22-19-19-16-38.jpgShot12-22-19-19-17-50.jpgShot12-22-19-19-18-02.jpgShot12-22-19-19-20-01.jpgShot12-22-19-19-34-45.jpg
Last edited by 33lima; 12/22/19 10:20 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)