Went out for an intercept over the channel and ran into a flight of He - 111. Our flight leader dove away to attack some planes below us unseen by me, but I pressed on for the bombers, who were now beating a retreat away from us south east-ward. I closed on the first and despite taking some hits, was able to bring him down with some shots on his right engine. I then switched to his wingman but started taking some fire, some of which seemed to be coming from behind me. I broke off and repositioned, sending him down with chutes popping out. Pleased with my luck, I bugged out back for base only to find that my gear wasn't working. I tried to lower it manually, but only one wheel would lock down. (Maybe I was doing it wrong, I admit I wasn't paying close attention that day in flight school.) Not trusting my ability to land on one wheel, I took her up and bailed out on the coast. Shaken-but-not-stirred up, I waited to be picked up and went back to base to submit my claims. Here's the gun camera footage:

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...