Nigel Neville
56th Squadron
North Weald
2 More Claimed, Woulda Been Three...

I had the weirdest dream last night: I was taking off from our field on a routine patrol on a clear day when all of the sudden, one of the guys behind me slammed into me, destroying my plane and killing me in the process! Anyway, everything went black for a few minutes and then I woke up and everything was back to normal! Weird...

So, we were scrambled today up to get some 87's inbound from France. I am starting to feel more confident and actually managed to shoot down two of them out over the sea. It would have been a third but my wingman, Dan Davis, came roaring down and crashed into him! ( I do not have a good feeling about him! He better confirm the other two for me if he knows what's good for him!) And then it would have been a(nother) third but I had spent so much ammo on the other two (three) that I ran out on what would have been the third (fourth). Oh, well, at least I didn't die like in my dream!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...