Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#3801432 - 06/25/13 04:16 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Baur Offline
Baur  Offline

Russia, Sochi
Originally Posted By: milan_croatia
So cheers to Baur BRD :-)
Please - I'm happy to help colleagues! smile
For two years WE produce pedal BRD-F. WE sell them in Russia for self-Assembly.
Therefore, you can not worry about the electronics. In the worst case milan_croatia you change it under warranty.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3801433 - 06/25/13 04:17 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
f15sim Offline
More projects than sense!
f15sim  Offline
More projects than sense!

Graham, WA
daaaaaaamn! That's nice! smile

g.

Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
#3801434 - 06/25/13 04:18 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Baur Offline
Baur  Offline

Russia, Sochi
Now milan_croatia will enable You to buy excellent pedal wink I want to congratulate him on his excellent idea. And good luck!

Last edited by Baur; 06/25/13 04:21 PM.
#3801763 - 06/26/13 01:09 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks Baur on your support.
Like I wrote before I really admire Baur work...pedals and gymbal and all others.

P.S. You probably misunderstood..I didn't worry about electronics...I just told everybody that you use it for a long time without complaints so nobody has to worry :-)

#3801886 - 06/26/13 06:19 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Baur Offline
Baur  Offline

Russia, Sochi
In General electronics capricious "girl" smile the Main thing is warranty service!

#3806183 - 07/07/13 05:50 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
This is hopefully production model. I'm done with all revisions and they work just right for me. I ship those tomorrow to a Simped owner with camera :-) So we will have youtube review and comparison soon. After that I start sales and small production, so wish me luck.

Revisions are not much, slight modifications on foot plate and arms to reduce width a little, base plate is a bit wider to be stable on strong spring setting and agile movements, added screw holes in base plate fo fixing to the floor, my logo, adapted new cabling design which works excellent and doesn't look that ugly at all. Edges are a bit more beveled so pedals are comfortable with a bare feet.

I hope you like the logo and the name. This might not be finall look but it's near.

Pedals price 250 eur + VAT + shipment. 2 year warranty, 12bit high precision electronics, contactless 3x sensors
Pedals come completely assembled, plug and play. Only foot plates are separated. Every foot plate is easy to screw with just two imbus screw which go with pedal...So contents of the box will be :

1. Assembled complete pedals base construction with electronics and all.
2. One set of foot plates
3. 2x screws for fixing foot plates
4. Spare CAM profile with slightly different centering feel.
5. Imbus allan key for fixing foot plates, making angle adjustment, exchanging cam profile, adjusting wall spacers, adjusting braking spring
6. Usb Cable 2m long ( 6ft).

I'll post some videos on how to make all adjustments and stuff.
Better quality pics and website will be on soon

#3807335 - 07/10/13 09:33 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I post here one pic in better quality so you get a feel of built quality and materials.
It looks like only BRD and I are presenting you with high quality material for your consideration. I wonder why :-) You do the math yourself.

Pedals are tested against simpeds right now, first impressions are that my are superb in all aspects, precision, ergonomics, adjustability, centering feel, braking precision and feel, rugged construction :-) Tester told me after all tests are concluded he will put a youtube review soon, within a week or two.

This was most important test for me...there will also be test against older simped vario and saiteks but that is no worry. This test against Simped F-16 latest model was what I was waiting to start selling.

I'll produce first few within 15-20 days and I am ready to take orders

Thank you all for supporting, feel free to watch my videos, please leave some comments and stay tuned.
Milan

#3807345 - 07/10/13 10:35 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Hi Milan

Congratulations on your finished product. I'm still about to order a Set ,as I said earlier. How will ordering work,is it via a PM here on the Forum or should we wait until your Website is ready?

#3807356 - 07/10/13 11:27 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I am counting on your order Lausbub78. I will try to set up a website with paypal payment as soon as possible.

Until then you can order and make agreement with me on PM. You are welcome to contact me on e-mail too :
meanstreak@net.hr

until I set website with contact form.

Right now I am a bit tight on money as I spent a lot. Since now I am certain in my product I am confident to recive your money.
Plan is :
1. get a few first orders - so you make a payment.
2. I use that money to order some components that I don't have enough.
3. I deliver product to you in 30 days or so.

This is only to get me started, I hope you understand. Later I will produce and have on stock.

Anyone who want to buy and is willing to wait for first batch to be build please contact me on PM or email

#3807522 - 07/10/13 05:37 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
T}{OR Offline
[DBS]
T}{OR  Offline
[DBS]

Croatia, Zagreb
The lucky bloke who was offered to test these reporting in. smile

Here is what I replied to one of the comments over at new IL2:BoS forum:

Quote:
I am currently testing this brand new model vs. my Simped F16, and can tell you that I prefer the MSG Crosswind pedals. They can be set up to represent the spring action on Simpeds (linear stiffness), and at the same time (my and builder's preference) to a more exponential setting (similar to what sim racers do to their brake pedals). This translates into much higher fidelity, as brain memorizes a required force much better than distance. All thanks to different cam profiles and modular lever settings on which the spring is attached to. Simpeds on the the other hand have a very distinct center (more of a bump). Because of this MFG Crosswing pedals allow for a more responsive maneuvers that require fast switching from one side to another. The center is there and you can feel it accurately, but it doesn't feel like crossing over a bump. Pedals will ship with two cam profiles, we are now in the process of selecting the best ones out of five the builder has sent us. I will be forwarding them to two more testers (as of now) once the review is complete.

The toe brakes are a story for themselves, and so is the crazy level or ergonomics which was IMHO Simped's (F16 model at least) biggest flaw. More on that when I put together a YT review and comparison.

In short: these pedals are as good as Simpeds, and then some.

#3807557 - 07/10/13 06:08 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Ok, so I'm thinking I can be a part of the initial order as well. smile

That price is in-line with what others are charging for limited production sim gear, so for ~$350 USD (my guess with shipping) I think this is doable. My Saitek combat rudders are doing a decent job in sims like FSX, but aren't quite precise enough for DCS Huey or Rise of Flight.

That said, are the dimensions of the final product known? I ask because I'm looking to get a simpit (such as the Obutto revolution) down the road, and I'd like to know how compatible these would be.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3807646 - 07/10/13 07:26 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
As I wrote you in e-mail I wrote for others to see. I will open my website soon but until then here are the specs..

- best to watch videos to see what can be adjusted. Videos show final product and all adjustments, as well as package contents.

Dimensions - I made a quick dimensioning at 0 degree pedal angle...meaning when you set up minimum angle of 20 degree and apply ful brakes. Most of you will use more pedal angle for shure.

Sorry for deleting most of the stuff...I hope you understand I am trying to avoid someone get my hard work in easy way.

Other specs I send to you upon request

#3807657 - 07/10/13 07:35 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks to thor for sharing some of his experience before he post his review :-)

I really appreciate him taking this test as that "clash of the titans" is what concerned me the most, as I never tried simpeds myself. I was biting my nails while waiting to hear his first impressions and now....sweet as a breeze.

I will let him finish and write his independent review as it is supposed. I hardly wait to see that video

#3807929 - 07/11/13 08:12 AM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
UPDATE !!!

I follow some other forums where my Croatian friends put some links to my pedals. Watching how story goes i'm kind of supprised that someone might get opinion that I didn't think on everything.

I am also a bit sad becouse I hoped Sokol1 will make some comment, taking into account that I admired his words of recomendation in the past. I see on other forums that he is following this thread too. I might be acting like a child there, and since these pedals are like my child I take it a bit personaly.

SO THE FACTS :
Pedals modular design make it easy to adjust width to your needs. You see now that extra holes on foot plates are not just for looks :-)

This is my sketch of additional width adjustment plate, you can build yourself or If there are enought inquiries I will make it extra cost option for some small fee like 10 eur for set...just thinking out loud.

Normal overall width is 49,4 cm. With this plate it can be increased to cca 53,5 cm total, or decreased to cca 46,5 cm.

Edit : It is also made such so you can put your foot plate little up or down - cca 13 mm. This is made hany, and it's due to the fact that additional plate will increase overall foot plate height position from the floor.

Downside : By decreasing the width you loose foot plate swivel angle adjustment towards outside, but if you want to decrease width then you don't need it anyway.

Here is simple drawing :

Last edited by milan_croatia; 07/11/13 08:17 AM.
#3810659 - 07/17/13 12:00 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Ready for preorder, feel free to contact me on PM or meanstreak@net.hr
Pedals will be ready for shippment 10-15.08.2013.

Website will be online soon - 1-2 weeks : mfg.simundza.com

Simped's comparison video in a few days, RoF ace will also make a review soon.

In a meanwhile I give you info I wrote for website and few more pics...

MFG Crosswind

Highlits

You are looking at the most advanced and versatile flight simulation gear that ever existed. Art of CNC machining at it's best , made with one purpose – fulfill all simmers rudder need and beyond.
- Built out of sturdy composite material, little aluminium , 17 bearings and all other real industrial parts that are more common on precision machines than it is in any gaming device.
- Unparralled precision, acuracy and feel due to the high resolution contactless magnetic sensors and most advanced pedal centering design
- Highly ergonomic and adjustable in more ways than you can think of
- Can be used for civil, combat and profesional simulation software. Made to be positioned in cocpit and under the table.
- Everything engineered fo long life
- Possibility to mount different foot plates as well as different profiles for centering feel
- 2 years limited* warranty ( limited* by means of spare parts to be assembled by customer)

Features

- Sturdy Composite material construction with some aluminium parts, 17 bearings
- Made by CNC machining to achieve highest acuracy
- 12 bit USB Plug and play controller ( resolution of 4096 positions for all axes). Compatible with Win XP/Vista/7
- Rudder axis : Contactless high acuracy magnetoresistive sensor ; True resolution cca 3800 positions
- Differential Brakes axes : 20 degree of pedal rotation. Reading by hall sensor with resolution of 1000-1300 positions.
- Approved to apply 40 kg of force on each foot plate ( In vertical, horizontal or combined direction. Pedals are tested on lot more, but safety limit is 40 kg)

- Centering spring strenght adjustment, fine tuneable
- 2x positions for centering spring – to achieve stronger or weaker force toward the end of pedal deflection while force near the center remains
- Exchangeable CAM profile to achieve different centering feel. Pedals come with 2x profiles standard.
- Adjustable pedal position from the wall – by adjusting wall spacers
- Four holes for fixing pedals to any base surface
- Adjustable pedals angle from 20 to 52* degree ( if pedals are set to 20 degree and brakes applied than they come to 0 degree. 52* - by raising pedlas from the floor angle of the pedal can be extended up to 62 degree)
- Adjustable 4x different strenght for brakes
- Adjustable foot plates swivel angle toward outside ( watch video)
- Easily replaceable foot plates with different style of foot plates. DIY friendly – you can make your own.
- Pedals include allen hex key for making adjustments and 2m USB cable for PC connection ( youtube assembly video)

Weight : 4.46 kg ( total with spare cam, usb cable, allan key for adjustments)

Last edited by milan_croatia; 07/18/13 01:01 PM.
#3810841 - 07/17/13 06:54 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
I really like these pedals, but the price point is too high for me. €300 delivered is more expensive than my Simpeds were. €100 less and I'd be onboard.

#3810867 - 07/17/13 07:31 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
I think I didn't publish shippment options...here they are. These are currently best prices in Croatia. I don't know if there will be better options in the future or not. As I told you Croatia is 17 days in EU now, and nobody changed prices of transport yet.

For pedals price...It's normal you all want a lower price, If I were you I would too. Onfortunately, with technology the world have, it is not possible to achieve better price for this kind of quality. In fact, I am proud on my price and I think I achieved miracle in price/performance/quality ratio.

let's recap a few facts...
- we are testing against simpeds now to compare against sims "benchmark" pedals so far. I never had simpeds myself and I am eager to see that test too, but my strong belief is that my product is more robust, precise, adjustable and ergonomic than simpeds are...I will dare to say...better in any aspect...maybe on par in some less important specs.
- I will dare to say that no pedal in the world is better than mine. Maybe some can be compared, or they can say they use metal ?! But that does not mean they are better or stronger built. That includes pedals from 500eur+ vat or others costing more then I dare to write.
- I will dare to say that my pedals are best in the world in terms of adjustability and adjusting pedal feel to your liking. I can say this without trying others...becouse I've seen their mechanisam's and I know that can't be good as mine.
- I know many people would like but cannot afford my pedals. It's just like that. It makes me sad, but can't do much about it.

#3811128 - 07/18/13 12:44 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
D13th_Korn Offline
D13th_Korn  Offline

Beautiful product, good luck Milan in your enterprise.

Just trying to help, not to annoy: it's not imbus but inbus, better known in USA as Allen keys, correct term in english "hex key".

#3811132 - 07/18/13 01:07 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
milan_croatia Offline
milan_croatia  Offline

Split, Croatia
Thanks. Your help is welcome - exactly what I need. Becouse I don't natively speak english and I'm not shure in some terms.

If you have any other suggestions, or think that I should write some sentences differently please suggest so everyone know what i'm talking about :-)

I changed in description to "allen hex key". I hope it's right now. Videos...I won't change that now...it's not a professional video.

#3811668 - 07/19/13 02:48 PM Re: Rudder pedals - prototype 1 - possible production [Re: milan_croatia]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Also known as Allen Keys in the UK

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Men vs. Feminists on the Island
by Mr_Blastman. 06/25/24 07:00 PM
New Project reveal from IL-2 6/25 8AM EST
by KRT_Bong. 06/25/24 11:22 AM
Russell Morash was 88
by F4UDash4. 06/23/24 02:36 PM
Small airplane accident
by oldgrognard. 06/21/24 09:31 PM
Movies with the most enigmatic endings
by PanzerMeyer. 06/21/24 05:14 PM
Donald Sutherland - RIP
by PanzerMeyer. 06/20/24 06:23 PM
Mid Atantic Air Museum P-61
by KRT_Bong. 06/20/24 01:57 PM
Willie May's was 93
by F4UDash4. 06/19/24 01:44 AM
The Korean War Youtube series
by wormfood. 06/18/24 02:37 PM
Is 56 too old to learn how to play guitar ?
by WangoTango. 06/18/24 12:42 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.