Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#950447 - 11/08/02 10:26 AM List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I knew you all were asking for this subject. Some of the ones comes to my mind:

1) Better sun an sunglare effect
2) More gauges in the cabins
3) Better sound
4) Smooth landscapes
5) Almost no stutter
6) Better AI
7) More planes
8) Patches support
9) Better snow landscape
8) Beaches (with waves moving on and off)
9) Realistic gun effects
10) Serious radio chatter
11) Possibility of playing as wingman
12) Realistic POV
13) No stupid planes (Ascender?, what's the...?)
14) ... fill it yourself...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#950448 - 11/08/02 10:50 AM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

First of all you are someone weird :
can i tell you that CFS3 is only out since few days ?
I dont think we got a patch for il2 in the following days of the release.

Now a very important thing you may have missed ( i dont exactly know if this feature is in cfs3 or not):
there is a track recorder and viewer in IL2 so you can watch what you did offline.

Plus online or offline there is a camera that can turn around all planes in games plus some camera point.

Plus the screenshot are realist if taken from Zoom view mode (that you actually cant zoom out with mouse button) in il2 so you dont have that stupid distorsion of closer objects (the left wing soooo big of a plane when you watch a plane from the left...see what i mean ? look at any CFS3 screenshot and then to a Il2 screenshot and you will see.

#950449 - 11/08/02 01:14 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
I'll have the number eight please. Make that with a rootbeer, and extra biggy fries

cfs is, for me, a nice looking sim,if you stay out of some of the cockpits. I do not fly the 109 nor the 190, and avoid the P-51 and early model of the 47.

You forgot flight models, cfs realistic, IL2 uberrealistic(yuck I used the uber word)

#950450 - 11/08/02 06:17 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
No105_Ogdens Offline
Hotshot
No105_Ogdens  Offline
Hotshot

Shipdham, Norfolk 1944
I get the feeling this guy will be checking posts when the school bus drops him off.

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

#950451 - 11/08/02 06:28 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

14) cfs3 doesn't have people playing it who think their manhood (or, erm, womanhood to be pc!) is being challenged by the fact that there is some other flight sim out there that people enjoy playing

[This message has been edited by andy m (edited 11-08-2002).]

#950452 - 11/08/02 06:39 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Er... Russian 'planes? Oh,and a Cheerleading squad who would give their life (if they had one )for the greater good of Il-2.This is so unbelievably tiresome its really putting me off coming here and to the Il-2 Forum.
"Well stay away then!" I hear you cry,but then I wouldnt be able to read the few informative and helpfull posts that still appear from time to time.And its not just as easy as ignoring this type of post..its kind of like a bad car wreck,common sense tells you not to look....but you just have to take a little peek!

#950453 - 11/08/02 06:46 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The biggest difference between the two sims is that IL-2 has a full auto-pilot, selectable and flexible views of every object and most importantly, a track recorder.

Put these elements together and you have a pretty nifty little studio and editing bay for making movies.

CFS3 has no autopilot (other than "warp"), no way to view any objects except your own plane and no way to "film" your events for later viewing and editing.

#950454 - 11/08/02 07:00 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
Snap Offline
Veteran
Snap  Offline
Veteran

I've never, ever had the recording feature work properly for me in IL-2.

I can make fly a quick 1v1 mission, and when I go to view it, everything I and the AI did in the actual flight is completely different in the track. And it can change per view, as well. I.e. I shoot him down in actuality, in the track I don't shoot him down and he's shooting at nothing... view again: he or I fly off into nowhere... view again: one of us flies into the ground for no reason...

etc. etc.

#950455 - 11/08/02 07:11 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

14.) An open architecture that will allow designers to add new planes...

#950456 - 11/08/02 07:19 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

You forgot. IL2 was purchased by me. CFS3 was not. That's pretty important!!!

#950457 - 11/08/02 07:24 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Isn't one post on this subject more than enough?

Why is it so important to prove that one game is better than the other?

#950458 - 11/08/02 07:54 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
Georgio Offline
Georgio  Offline

Hockley, UK
SnapDad,
The reason your tracks don't record properly is because you used the speed-up toggle ([&]) somewhere in the flight.
Try a short flight and don't hit the toggle -now your tracks should play perfectly.

#950459 - 11/08/02 08:00 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
This is one of the many reasons that I have not been hanging around here very much since the game came out. I used to spend countless hours prior to it hitting the shelves and saw the mind set of the IL2 people that continualy SHOVED IL2 down the peoples wind pipes around here. Well I do not agree with all this IL2 WHOOPLA! I like CFS3 better for many more reasons than IL2 gave me to like it. I go to the Netwings form now where we can have constructive input about good and bad with out the IL2 crowd. A couple of them tried to come over there and were quickly asked to leave.

Tom asked for some things and they still ignore them.

Now I only pop in here just to look and this is the first post by me in some time. It just never seems to end around here.

IL2's user license agreement!
Our IL2 sim can do NO WRONG! Oleg you are a GOD! You have all the talent and all the gauges in the right place you must be God! We of your minions will gladly overlook any flaw in IL2 knowing full and well that you will patch what ever we want. If anyone DARES to bash your product I will GLADLY take up the IL2 banner and defend it to the bitter end regaurdless if they are right or wrong. Oleg what is that you say .............. M$ product are of the Devil? OMG We will follow you blidly and faithfully to our graves if need be our brother in arms!

Begin the chant here...
M$ is Evil
M$ is the making of the Devil
M$ is the Evil Empire
DOWN WITH M$!

Click on the I accept radio button to continue with installation of IL2

Crud'O
Wolfar

[This message has been edited by Wolfar (edited 11-08-2002).]

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters
Simulations: Red Baron mega multiplayer, EAW, SDOE, To many to list.
#950460 - 11/08/02 10:16 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Discussions about a sim before it actually hits the market and the first few days into it's release is more entertainment than anything. You get a few disgruntled beta testers, some pre-release reports and of course, the hysterical fringe elements.

That doesn't include those having a freak out over technical issues trying to get it running right. You always should cut them a bit of slack unless they quit trying after the first week. It takes me on average about 2 to 3 weeks or more to get a sim running right and then I am always wishing for more. I am still working on Red BaronII and it has been 4 years, 11 months and 10 days since I bought it.

Actually...there doesn't seem to be any "IL2 users" and "CFS3 users" anymore. These small splinter groups have been overwhelmed by people that have actually experienced both games and want to discuss the similarities and differences from a more balanced point of view.

#950461 - 11/08/02 11:11 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by mgdbottled:
You forgot. IL2 was purchased by me. CFS3 was not. That's pretty important!!!

Hans Offen Ummm you sure?

------------------
Salute!
Wolfar KG30 CO
http://wolfar.tripod.com/KG30Index.htm

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters
Simulations: Red Baron mega multiplayer, EAW, SDOE, To many to list.
#950462 - 11/09/02 09:43 AM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dickheads posting.

#950463 - 11/09/02 03:28 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems you fanatics want to take over this board and trash anyone who has a different point of view. For your information, I love CFS1 and CFS2. CFS3 is not on my shopping list because I read the truth about that sim the first two days after its release. It may be back on my shopping list after MS patches it. For now, I know the truth. It don't run worth a crap. And I don't need to mess up my computer to find that out. I'll just stick with CFS1, CFS2, IL2 and EAW till this piece of work gets fixed. If it don't, there's plenty of other games to keep me entertained. So take your opinions and shove em' where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. When someone posts something they like or don't like about CFS3, I want to read it. So do many, many others who haven't made that purchase decision yet.

#950464 - 11/09/02 03:57 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
Ruzbasan Offline
Ruzbasan  Offline

Waterbury, CT
I have both IL-2 and CFS3 and enjoy both sims. But IL-2 fans, it's time for a reality check.
I rarely play IL-2 anymore for one very big reason:

NO DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

Ok, let me repeat that:

NO DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN

I'm tired of scripted single missions in IL-2. They get boring!

I admit that IL-2's damage effects and mission recorder are incredible. But you have to admit that:

NO DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN=BORING

Now if IL-2 got a real dynamic campaign like CFS3 or Falcon 4, it would be the greatest sim ever created.

I have been playing the CFS3 campaign for the past week and it is just fantastic. And yes, your choices and actions in the campaign do impact the frontline! Like in any campaign, you have to make the right moves. However, I do wish CFS3 had the damage effects and mission recorder of IL-2.

Ruzbasan

#950465 - 11/09/02 04:11 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
jman Offline
jman  Offline

The Big City
That's why Forgotten Battles is coming out with a dynamic campaign system.

"Alcohol the problem and solution to all of life's problems"

Homer simpson
#950466 - 11/09/02 06:13 PM Re: List what features IL-2 has that CFS3 does not  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
IL-2 is the better flightsim with scripted missions, which will be corrected with FB.

CFS3 is the better flightgame which doesn't even try to be realistic, but has more for offline players, and is easier to learn, aimed at a broader market.

That about sums it up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Conversational English 1586
by PanzerMeyer. 04/30/24 10:45 AM
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM
Jim Scoutten was 77
by F4UDash4. 04/27/24 10:35 AM
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.