Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4605163 - 08/04/22 11:13 PM Warner Brothers.....DC comics......HBO+ and Discovery went to the farm  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
And only one made it back.......wow........just wow........man DC fans life aint easy, all they wanted was silly comic movies.

Hello darkness my only friend

‘Batgirl’ and ‘Scoob!: Holiday Haunt’ Scrapped at Warner Bros. Amid Cost-Savings Push

ive come to talk with you again

Batgirl’ Directors “Saddened and Shocked” After Movie Is Shelved

The filmmakers thanked star Leslie Grace, "who portrayed Batgirl with so much passion, dedication and humanity."

Because a vision softly creeping

Blue Beetle DC Movie In Danger Of Being Cancelled
What they actually said, just in case you can’t read French, is that a source informed them that Warner Bros Discovery has asked for a first screening of the movie and then they will decide its fate. So, they are saying that the film is very much in danger of being canned by the movie studio.

However, the Batgirl DC Comics movie wasn’t the first DC movie that Warner Bros had cancelled after the Discovery merger. The Zatana, Wonder Twins and Black Canary movies were all cancelled by Warner Bros.

Left its seeds while I was sleeping

Warner Bros. Discovery Has Been Quietly Cutting Other Movies Amid Shock Batgirl Cancellation
The six films removed were all labeled as “Max Originals.”

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Aquaman 2 & Shazam 2 Release Dates Could Move Amid DC Movie Shakeups

Amid the massive DC movie shakeups that are going on at Warner Bros. Discovery, Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 may move their release dates again.

Still remains

The Flash: Warner Bros. Discovery Confirms Film Will Be Released
CEO David Zaslav also addressed the theatrical future for Warner Bros. Pictures releases, especially their plans for DC Films. While addressing a new plan for the DC slate moving forward, Zaslav confirmed that WB plans to release Black Adam, Shazam! Fury of the Gods, and The Flash.

Within the sound

Warner Bros. Discovery to merge streaming services HBO Max, Discovery+
Warner Bros. Discovery Inc (WBD.O) said on Thursday it would merge the HBO Max streaming service with Discovery+ as a single offering, combining WarnerMedia's dramas, comedies and movies with Discovery's reality shows.

of silence

The move will result in a gutting of HBO Max, significant layoffs for its executives and staff to minimize redundancies with HBO and a combined streaming service with Discovery+ with a harder line separation between the scripted and unscripted content operations

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4605165 - 08/04/22 11:45 PM Re: Warner Brothers.....DC comics......HBO+ and Discovery went to the farm [Re: Blade_RJ]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
This might explain it. Language warning.

#4605170 - 08/05/22 01:19 AM Re: Warner Brothers.....DC comics......HBO+ and Discovery went to the farm [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Blade,
What a stylish, well written post. Kudos to you for being so creative.

WB was not a pure merger with Discovery. AT&T decided to off a unit that did not match its core business model and Discovery decided to take the gamble. I think that if WB were profitable, AT&T would not have spun it off. Then again, what was AT&T thinking when then purchased an entertainment company? AT&T has paid dearly the last two years for losing focus of their core business.

WB/D's problems have been expected for a while now. WB can no longer suckel at the teet of AT&T, and WB/D stock is half the value at time of the split. WB needs quick profits, with no questionable releases, to right the ship. I gambled on ATT stock just before the split and so far I am a big loser. I'm going to ride out the bet and hope for a long term turnaround from both. WB/D does not pay a dividend and AT&T's latest is a pittance what it has been.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4605174 - 08/05/22 06:26 AM Re: Warner Brothers.....DC comics......HBO+ and Discovery went to the farm [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Thanks, acording to report they are also cutting kid and animation content. say goodbye looney tunes, hell disney may actually own bugs bunny this decade.

#4605180 - 08/05/22 10:36 AM Re: Warner Brothers.....DC comics......HBO+ and Discovery went to the farm [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
**shrug**

These are businesses we are talking about, not charities or government agencies which don't need to turn a profit. Personally I think the right move was made with dropping the Batgirl movie and the Scooby Doo movie. Both of these had box office flop written all over them.

And while I'm at it, most likely one of my favorite shows of all time (Westworld) will be cancelled after season 4. Why? The viewership has been dismally low so while I am disappointed that these viewers have jumped ship, I also completely understand WB/Discovery's position here if they decide to cancel.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.