Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4550554 - 01/03/21 04:56 PM Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Maybe they are the ones who gave us Covid 19?

https://sputniknews.com/world/20210...d-earth-in-2017-predicts-others-to-come/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/harvard-professor-says-earth-already-23253734

If these aliens return this year, we will be wishing for 2020. In the movies aliens that come to earth are usually not peaceful and they want to eat us or kill us.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4550557 - 01/03/21 05:11 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

#4550558 - 01/03/21 05:13 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
This is the same guy that was saying the same thing back in 2018. The only reason it's hitting the news cycle again is because he is marketing a book he is publishing.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4550559 - 01/03/21 05:13 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
I believe the odds are too great for there NOT to be intelligent life elsewhere. I do not believe they are visiting however. Distances are too great.

#4550560 - 01/03/21 05:14 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: Arthonon]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
Originally Posted by Arthonon
This is the same guy that was saying the same thing back in 2018. The only reason it's hitting the news cycle again is because he is marketing a book he is publishing.

This ^

#4550561 - 01/03/21 05:15 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Odds?

I want to believe there's alien life, but we can't even prove the origin of life on our own planet, so what are the odds?

They are merely the output from equations that we create based on assumptions.

#4550562 - 01/03/21 05:36 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
https://www.wrdw.com/2021/01/02/faa...-above-oahu-appeared-to-drop-into-ocean/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - An unidentified flying object spotted in the evening sky over Leeward Oahu prompted witnesses to call 911 on Tuesday.

The sighting happened about 8:30 p.m.

There are multiple videos of what appears to be a glowing‚ oblong mass — both in the sky and in the water.

Officials from the Federal Aviation Administration say there were no aircraft incidents or accidents in this area at the time. But multiple witnesses reported seeing a large blue object fall out of the sky and into the ocean.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4550565 - 01/03/21 05:40 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: KraziKanuK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
https://www.wrdw.com/2021/01/02/faa...-above-oahu-appeared-to-drop-into-ocean/

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - An unidentified flying object spotted in the evening sky over Leeward Oahu prompted witnesses to call 911 on Tuesday.

The sighting happened about 8:30 p.m.

There are multiple videos of what appears to be a glowing‚ oblong mass — both in the sky and in the water.

Officials from the Federal Aviation Administration say there were no aircraft incidents or accidents in this area at the time. But multiple witnesses reported seeing a large blue object fall out of the sky and into the ocean.

Drone ?

#4550567 - 01/03/21 05:42 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Odds?

I want to believe there's alien life, but we can't even prove the origin of life on our own planet, so what are the odds?

The numbers. You know how big the universe is? There is a sample size of 1, us. Though there is no proof I cannot believe intelligent life has never occurred elsewhere in the universe. I can believe it may come and go and we are quite new to the party in the 14 odd billion years. For instance, intelligent life may have been and gone. Several times. Millions of times.

I actually believe from our evolution and the most common materials found in the universe that carbon based life is probably quite common. Not saying intelligent, or even that it lasts its planets evolution; but that where the ingredients are there - it will happen. I think Earth is quite rare in it's attributes but if you look at the numbers involved it is naive to think we are special.

To quote Mr Clarke - “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

The universe is too big not to host other intelligent life, I base that not on any sort of proof - common sense. Without sounding condescending - whoever thinks we are special, unique and the most intelligent life in the universe are ignorant.

But what do I know.

#4550569 - 01/03/21 05:57 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Forward Observer Offline
Forward Observer  Offline

Central Arkansas,US of A
I've posted this before but it's always applicable when this topic comes up

From Calvin & Hobbes

[Linked Image]

Cheers

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
#4550570 - 01/03/21 05:58 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Aliens come here and they will leave cause there are not enough intelligence life on this planet.

[Linked Image]
#4550574 - 01/03/21 06:39 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Aliens come here and they will leave cause there are not enough intelligence life on this planet.

Did we explore Earth looking for intelligent life? Nope.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4550578 - 01/03/21 07:22 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: RossUK]  
Blade_RJ Online cool
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Online Cool
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by RossUK
Odds?

The numbers. You know how big the universe is? There is a sample size of 1, us. Though there is no proof I cannot believe intelligent life has never occurred elsewhere in the universe. I can believe it may come and go and we are quite new to the party in the 14 odd billion years. For instance, intelligent life may have been and gone. Several times. Millions of times.

I actually believe from our evolution and the most common materials found in the universe that carbon based life is probably quite common. Not saying intelligent, or even that it lasts its planets evolution; but that where the ingredients are there - it will happen. I think Earth is quite rare in it's attributes but if you look at the numbers involved it is naive to think we are special.

To quote Mr Clarke - “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

The universe is too big not to host other intelligent life, I base that not on any sort of proof - common sense. Without sounding condescending - whoever thinks we are special, unique and the most intelligent life in the universe are ignorant.

But what do I know.

you assume they come from another galaxy or solar system........maybe we should look within our sol. Most folks arent aware how massive big the pacific ocean is, and traveling over it by air and ship is not recommended , for "fuel consumption, and rogue waves", but many pilots and shipping personal talks about strange lights over there in the water

#4550580 - 01/03/21 07:42 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

I watch this when I was a kid, always on saturday night at 1 am.

It's possible there are still unexplored worlds on our planet

Then this came on after at 2 am

#4550582 - 01/03/21 07:43 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
banghead

A guy walks into a bar and hears two women speaking in a British accent. He asks, "Are you ladies from England?" One says to him "No, it's Wales, you idiot!" So, then the guy says, "Okay, sorry. So, are you two whales from England?"
#4550584 - 01/03/21 08:22 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: RossUK]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Odds?

But what do I know.

The problem is you are assuming abiogenesis is a thing, and as far as we know, it is is a theory that we have yet to prove or recreate.

Note that I acknowledge and recognize abiogenesis and evolution of life are two different concepts. The former is theory, the latter is fact.

So we can mathematically assume whatever probabilities we wish, the output from these means little without extraordinary proof.

I like to think there is other life out there, but from my standpoint, I can only see it coming from another creator, not spontaneity. Only upon first contact and analysis of whatever life forms we encounter may we shed further light upon this.

#4550586 - 01/03/21 08:25 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

This was a better intro:

Only eight episodes before the excellent show was cancelled, though. frown

#4550588 - 01/03/21 09:11 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
Odds?

But what do I know.

The problem is you are assuming abiogenesis is a thing, and as far as we know, it is is a theory that we have yet to prove or recreate.

Note that I acknowledge and recognize abiogenesis and evolution of life are two different concepts. The former is theory, the latter is fact.

So we can mathematically assume whatever probabilities we wish, the output from these means little without extraordinary proof.

I like to think there is other life out there, but from my standpoint, I can only see it coming from another creator, not spontaneity. Only upon first contact and analysis of whatever life forms we encounter may we shed further light upon this.

Can I ask what you mean when you say another creator?

#4550589 - 01/03/21 09:27 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

This was a better intro:

Only eight episodes before the excellent show was cancelled, though. frown

January - March 1985. I wasnt around. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088587/episodes?year=1985

[Linked Image]
#4550591 - 01/03/21 10:16 PM Re: Harvard professor says Aliens visited Earth [Re: RossUK]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Odds?

But what do I know.

Can I ask what you mean when you say another creator?

Who knows?

I am a man of science and also a Christian.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 01/03/21 10:17 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Beate Uhse-Rotermund.
by RedToo. 05/14/24 03:47 PM
South Africa’s C-47 Dakotas Set For Retirement
by F4UDash4. 05/11/24 07:09 PM
Actor Bernard Hill was 79
by NoFlyBoy. 05/06/24 10:54 AM
Maple Griefs Forever
by KraziKanuK. 05/05/24 11:07 PM
Dick Rutan was 85
by F4UDash4. 05/04/24 11:02 AM
May the 4th be with you!
by RossUK. 05/04/24 09:30 AM
MLB (baseball)
by PanzerMeyer. 05/02/24 10:37 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.