Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4027735 - 10/27/14 01:15 AM Metacritic BOS back up  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I would encourage anyone who has now experienced BOS to go here and give a fair review, noting positive as well as negative aspects for the game. While I do not dislike 1c/777 or their game BOS, there is a Fan Boy 10 fest going on over there. Bos is in need of some unbiased and true reviews to at least let potential customers see an honest non Fan Boy review of this product.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/il-2-sturmovik-battle-of-stalingrad/user-reviews

S!Blade<><

#4027777 - 10/27/14 04:32 AM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister
I would encourage anyone who has now experienced BOS to go here and give a fair review, noting positive as well as negative aspects for the game. While I do not dislike 1c/777 or their game BOS, there is a Fan Boy 10 fest going on over there. Bos is in need of some unbiased and true reviews to at least let potential customers see an honest non Fan Boy review of this product.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/il-2-sturmovik-battle-of-stalingrad/user-reviews

S!Blade<><

rolleyes
Unintentionally ironic post of the year coming from you.

#4027783 - 10/27/14 05:04 AM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I have no bias, I rate BOS for what it is to me, anyone who would rate BOS at 10 or 0 is seriously just trying to skew the numbers as it is no where near a 10 or a 0 for that matter. But then again you are a fanboy on any Forum you go on so I am really not surprised by your comments anymore. Well, carry on Sir, as you are quite entertaining and self revealing in your ignorant posts. Keep up the good work!.bs_sign

S!Blade<><

#4027785 - 10/27/14 05:24 AM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Dakpilot Offline
Dakpilot  Offline

Funny you call for fair review and complain of the lack of servers citing the only one public server being Syndicate, totally leaving out the other 8 non 777/1C servers that are running at the moment..a desire to give a poor review should not include twisting the facts to suit your personal feelings

Cheers Dakpilot

#4027818 - 10/27/14 11:09 AM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Dakpilot]  
Bandy Offline
Bandy  Offline

Wishing I was in the La Cloche
Quote:
Okay, this is my second review for IL2 Battle of Stalingrad. My first review, along with ever other review of BOS was deleted at 1C/777 insistence. It seems the devs didn't like the backlash of negative reviews after some of the final rounds of updates. So, here we go again.

Well, the game hadn't actually been released yet, so WTF are you bringing this up if not to put some negative slant right away and make it look like the devs are manipulating the review system [unlike all the 0's and 10's over there now]?

Quote:
The true strength or lack there of has not been tested in consumer market because there are only a few MP servers and only one privately run server(Syndicate). How many player and AI planes and objects that can be used in a functional mission is not known yet. Once the D-Server and FME are released, which may be up to 6 months from now, the strength or lack there of the DNE will be displayed.

Originally Posted By: Dakpilot
Funny you call for fair review and complain of the lack of servers citing the only one public server being Syndicate, totally leaving out the other 8 non 777/1C servers that are running at the moment...

He's got you there, OR you didn't bother to actually check the MP list after release and relied on your beta experience only. Quite a few people received the BoS Dserver after release, they came to Syndicate for advice on best set up. Get your facts straight.

In fact there is a private server now (started on Friday, before your Oct 26 review) that believes they can host 100+ players, and to my knowledge has approached that number already. It's only going to get better with more optimization. Can't do that on CloD...

Quote:
This is an Arcade game at best!!

Have you actually played an arcade game? The unlocks for skins and some weapons mods are unpalatable for everyone, but it certainly doesn't make it an arcade game "at best" exclamation point be damned.

This whole polarized flight sim community is complete bullsh!t. Yes, I have issues with BoS, but not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water, and crying like a baby (or worse) isn't going to get what you want.

Last edited by Bandy; 10/27/14 11:30 AM. Reason: Going to the Metacritic source to get facts straight
#4027834 - 10/27/14 12:50 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
There is no polarization, most neither love nor hate this game, they deal with it for what it is

Oh the drama! smile

#4027862 - 10/27/14 02:02 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Blade_Meister

S!Blade<><

Why? Why do you care? If hypothetically speaking a lot of people see these reviews (which is by no means certain) and decide to buy the game, how exactly does this negatively impact you? Are you afraid of its success validating their decisions that you disagree with? You seem to have a determinedly destructive viewpoint that makes zero sense.

There are 3 possible outcomes:
1. no one else buys BoS (or at least not enough do) and they shut down, ensuring that the money you have spent is wasted permanently.
2. tons of people buy BoS, giving an influx of money, and they are happy with the game as it is, ensuring no substantive changes are made to it, leaving you with what you have right now
3. tons of people buy BoS, giving an influx of money, but they are not happy with the game as it is, and they ask for and receive changes that improve the product giving you more than what you have right now

So apparently you are so deathly afraid of #2 coming to pass, and disbelieving that #3 could, that you want to push for #1? You want to make sure the project collapses and your money is totally wasted vs the "worst case" of #2 where at least you have a usable product with some design decisions you disagree with? Can't believe #3 could ever happen?

You seem to believe that there is a fourth option:
4. no one else buys BoS (or at least not enough do), so they hurriedly implement all the changes you want, and then you and others change your public reviews and THEN the users flock in and buy it

Only those with severe cognitive disabilities see this option as anywhere near probable. There is zero chance it will happen that way. Anyone who's spent any number of years in the gaming community knows that NEVER happens because it never has. Remember MS Flight? It followed #1. Every game that has received improving changes has followed the pattern of #3.

If I was a gambler, I'd say the odds favor a mix of 2 and 3, where there will be some improvements but I doubt ever to the extent that you appear to want. That is only if enough people buy BoS to keep it going of course.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4027884 - 10/27/14 02:49 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
I believe that regardless to the reviews either way BoS will stand on it's own merits. It is a very good product with a dedicated team behind it. It is the only next gen dedicated WWII sim on the market with full developer support and at it's core, regardless to the poor choices made by the developers as far as implementing some of it's options it's plusses are what will prevail in the end.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
#4027886 - 10/27/14 02:51 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

The score is almost a whole point lower than before the takedown. Maybe they should redo their 10s campaign. (It has risen a whole .5 of a point point since I checked this morning. I guess the word is out on the official forums again.)

Last edited by Master; 10/27/14 02:52 PM.
#4027902 - 10/27/14 03:55 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Bandy Offline
Bandy  Offline

Wishing I was in the La Cloche
Yes, it was incredibly stupid for the one BoS developer to point out that a hate campaign (is there any other reason to rate BoS a 0 or even 1 realistically???) was going on at Metacritic and ask that those who liked the product to do something about it. Very stupid, so what is your point in bringing it up?

But you know what, I have no f__ing idea why anyone with a right mind would try to work in this business with @sshat clients like we see on the forums. It just wouldn't be worth the ulcers.

My support is not unconditional, I am certainly no fanboi and I have real issues with what has happened the last few weeks, but what I read makes me sick. It is completely destructive.

#4027906 - 10/27/14 04:29 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
First off I am not afraid BOS will do anything either positive or negative because of mine or any other review. It will succeed or fail on its own merits only, which are not controlled by me or any other reviewer. The last time I went on the BOS multiplayer screen, Syndicate was the only privately operated host. I have not read any announcement that the D server kits were out??? I am mainly a SP flight Sim person so I have tried to spend time in BOS to experience what was offered there, but honestly it is so boring that I had to force myself to experience enough that I felt I could give a fair review. I feel the review I gave was fair and factual to the Current version of BOS. I will see if I can remove the incorrect post about the Syndicate as the only private MP server if possible, my apology for this inaccuracy. As far as each of the venemous replies here, may be it is you that are afraid if the truth gets out about BOSs actual gameplay and the developers attitude toward its customer opinion that it might fail. My review is my opinion of BOS, nothing less, nothing more, I am entitled to that as a paying customer. If you don't like it write your own.

S!Blade<><

#4027914 - 10/27/14 04:59 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan
I see Metacritic's changed the publisher from 777/1C to Excalibur Publishing. So 1C will publish in Russia, Excalibur in Europe and 777 in Canada and the US? Is that right?

Last edited by mugwump; 10/27/14 05:00 PM.

S = k ln W
#4027917 - 10/27/14 05:17 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Bandy]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted By: Bandy

Well, the game hadn't actually been released yet,

Curious, after the last week Loft "speech" what more is need to the game be considered "released"?

Drumroll, Gun salutes?

#4027960 - 10/27/14 07:50 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

There wasn't much of a drumroll. It was released very quietly IMO. Maybe they already lost interest in it.

#4028020 - 10/27/14 11:33 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: bisher]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted By: bisher
There is no polarization, most neither love nor hate this game, they deal with it for what it is

Oh the drama! smile

Yep - ridiculous. This thread included.

#4028082 - 10/28/14 01:26 AM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I made the corrections for my mistake in my first draft of my review on Metacritic. I honestly did not know that the D Server kits had gone out and were in use. I still encourage BOS owners to give an Honest review of their experience and opinion of BOS as a service of feedback to 1C/777 and to other Flight Sim Enthusiasts. Thanks to those that brought my mistake to my attention so I could correct it.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 10/28/14 05:01 PM.
#4028308 - 10/28/14 02:41 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
FlatSpinMan Offline
FlatSpinMan  Offline

Land of the Rising Sun
Cool post, Blades.

I try to avoid posting on BoS outside the official forum, but seriously, just go post honestly about what the game does well and what it doesn't, and that's perfectly reasonable. No-one expects people to give it Spinal Tap 11 out of 10 ratings, but slamming it for things that you personally want but that weren't part of the Devs' design is unreasonable.

Anyway, happy trails, mes amigos.

#4028462 - 10/28/14 07:19 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
I need to post a review soon - just feeling lazy.

#4028519 - 10/28/14 09:55 PM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
No need for more reviews as far as I am concerned -- throw out the 0's and 1's with no narrative

And do the same with the 9's and 10's

what you are left with (when sticking with reviews of 3 paragraphs or more) is a very good snapshot of what the game offers and where it fails.

The crowd is breaking between those that say - this is not IL2 (open, modable, extensible, good DM and physics)

to those who may or may not acknowledge the above but like the way it looks (it is shiny) and are hoping and praying it will get better.

It's a good time for a quote from Samuel Johnson, the guy who wrote the first English Dictionary

"Second marriages are the triumph of hope over experience"

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4028719 - 10/29/14 06:02 AM Re: Metacritic BOS back up [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Glaedr Offline
Glaedr  Offline

In Metacritic I found many people give score 9-10 with only 3 to 5 line of review text
that seem useless

(IMHO)
I feel the total score would not over 7/10 when has more 300 people ratings.
and I'm very surprise now we have Dserver ! biggrin

I hope next time we will see mission builder for easy use.
I'm sure 1c/777 will remove locking system out of MP player , that is a marketing demand.

Seem Metacritic is working biggrin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.