Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Pretty doesn't make it fly, that is true. But even spacing insures a more equal distribution of strain forces and removing burrs helps prevent the formation of stress cracks.

To what degree? Probably not a tremendous amount.

In a heavier aircraft, I'd agree. Remember that the plane weighs less than 500 pounds (226 KG), and less than 700 with pilot and fuel. There just isn't a lot of mass or inertia involved with it, especially considering the low speeds it travels at.

I did a much worse job on spacing the first time around, and in the fall out of the 50+ foot high tree, not a single rivet failed; only two gussets failed - one that I had stupidly put the seat belt mount into and one by the firewall, and it broke through the bending of the engine mount.

Also, this isn't a 50 year aircraft. Assuming I don't wreck it again, it's got around 20 years before it's scrap regardless.

Please, please understand it's not an argument or an attempt to dismiss your thoughts - it's very much appreciated.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."