I should have worded it differently, that <I> can't see taking the plunge. The way I wrote it though could be taken as it's not advisable for anyone to do so. In the scheme of things 120 is a couple nights down the pub, and plenty of folks will get more than their money's worth. I paid that for CMBN as mentioned and got a hell of a lot of play out of it so far. Just wanted to clarify.

My experience with Combat Mission is that what's included with game, scenario-wise is limited. So I'm left to look for missions and campaigns to download. And especially campaigns, which I find are shockingly few for such a game. So what I found is that as new modules were added to each base game, many if not most of any new user made content now required it to be up to date. Scenario designers (bless 'em) obviously like to have new toys to play with. It broadens the scope of what they create. You might be playing the Queen's Dragoon Guards, but wouldn't it be cool to have the US Marines reinforce later For that you need the module. Even without units --, new weapons, vehicles, trenches, trees, buildings and all start to find their way in. It all added up to me needing to keep up to date with each new version if I wanted to keep getting fresh new scenarios to play.

SF has been around so long that it might not be a problem finding a lot of appropriate content when your install doesn't have all of them? As long as the old missions work in the new engine I'd say. Of course I haven't played SF and really don't know, just basing this on my experience with the titles I do have.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!