Originally Posted by DBond
In most cases I would find a game is not for me, or has shifted outside my preference and I would just move on to something that is more suitable. With Combat Mission though i just can't do it. I like the game too much, and have an attachment to it going back almost 19 years. With this reality smacking me in the face I've even come to resent SF2 in some odd way. I know that BFC is not going to create the sort of campaign system, or generator software that I think the game needs desperately. They make an updated version of an 11 year old game instead of focusing on developing the sort of stuff that I think is so clearly necessary. I also realize it's not my game, and not my work and long, long hours. It's not my dime at risk At the same though I see it all as a huge missed opportunity to not only keep Combat Mission relevant, but to ensure it actually evolves and provides the player not only with an amazing base, but the actual content it requires to make that base shine.

I hear what you're saying. I only play PBEM with a couple friends, and that's really the only instance I find playing the CM games worthwhile and enjoyable anymore. The sp experience rings hollow. There's no fun there. I personally think it was a dumb move by them to spend all this time and resources updating an 11 year old game when no one, outside of maybe a handful of people, requested it. And while they're doing this, their "newer" titles, such as Red Thunder and Black Sea, have yet to see a module or anything worthwhile (I don't count the lame battle pack for BS) released for them in the nearly 5 and 4 years respectively they've been released. Neither are the games they offer worth the prices they're asking these days, and their whole upgrade system is a joke. The only reason I'm considering getting SF2 is due to the fact I'm eligible for the $35 big upgrade since I already own the complete SF1 suite. If I do decide to get it, I will never buy an engine upgrade for it in the future.