Hi Kbird,
so make connection like this:

Open MMJoy2 and start setting:

Step 1: set Columns and Rows.
Step 2: Save sets to device.
Step 3: now turn the rotary encoder left/right to find out which H/W buttons are active (they are blinking RED). In my example is Enc connected to buttons 1 and 2.

Step 4: set that button numbers that were blinking during turning Enc.
Step 5: set Timer, delay as you want, it`s up to you, 20ms is fast, 40ms is standard (for me).
Step 6: set this, I think it`s clear on the pic.
Step 7: Save sets to device.

AND FOR NOW you cannot see blinking H/W buttons on the left side during turning Enc. It is NOT mistake, it`s OK.

Step 8: click VKB button tester (or Windows Joysticks) and here you can see result of your work - blinking button 1 if you turn Enc to the left and button 2 if you turn Enc to the right (or vice-versa).

That`s all Kbird. I hope it is clear for you.

EDIT: I want to add some info about Delay setting, there is a difference between Timer ON+OFF and ON, you can test it. If you need only impulse generator, set 20ms and ON+OFF, that means the Enc generates single pulses with pulse length 20ms, it is useful for trim tabs, manual gear operating and so on...
But for operating compass or radio freq you can test setting Delay 120ms/ON and now if you turn Enc fast, it generates 1 long pulse so it is good for primary inaccurate setting and slow turn generates single pulses for precise setting. It is very handy for compass setting, radio freq setting and so on...

Last edited by erichos; 01/30/17 10:26 PM.