Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
#690916 - 02/22/03 08:07 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

So hey hey dood, you mention new FMs, are they your own custom ones or are they existing ones?

Im likely to actually buy, but Ill wait till its out - I know these things can take awhile. ;\)

So Kessy, what the hell are you gonna do with yourself once its all done? Take a cruise on the riviera? Get some sleep? Move back to LA?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#690917 - 02/22/03 09:13 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im modifying an FM that i feel is one of the most realistic done to date, its not really been distributed and im making other changes to it and the DM.

ive actually got 3 other rb related projects that will be coming out after this is done, all of which will probably be welcomed to the various parties they pertain to. i know one of them i have alot of personal interest in and i think (if it goes as planned) should be pretty mind blowing. im anticipating keeping busy for the next 5 months... then who knows?

So DOOD, where have you been?

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoochile:
So hey hey dood, you mention new FMs, are they your own custom ones or are they existing ones?

Im likely to actually buy, but Ill wait till its out - I know these things can take awhile. ;\)

So Kessy, what the hell are you gonna do with yourself once its all done? Take a cruise on the riviera? Get some sleep? Move back to LA?

#690918 - 02/22/03 10:53 PM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kess:
Oh Ive been around for awhile. Just work work work. I cant ***** cause Ive been very lucky in staying working, but dammit it seems like every time I finish a contract and settle down to spend a few weeks flying RB or Il2, within a coupla days I get a call for more work. So now I have a superstition that if I dont load up one of them, Ill be unemployed forever. ;\)

But hey man, your stuff looks good, and I mean good. Its just weird, looking back on all the old stuff and seeing all the new stuff.

I mean christ, what we used to get excited about!

Some of it is still real good; Ill never forget the first time we all flew the MMP, goddamn that was cool.

But now the dilemma is deciding which path to go by. Im thinking Ill get your PL stuff and also the WFP and just have two RB installs, so I dont have to choose between the two. ;\)

Its no wonder there arent any new and modern WW1 sims on the horizon, the bar is too damn high.

#690919 - 02/22/03 11:12 PM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell ya, im slammin the damn bar right through the friggin roof, why hold back? as it is, im looking into WFP after i finish this monstrousity.

Ya, i think there was alot of growing and learning for people modding RB, i know when i started out i was unhappy with the way the ground and other things looked, thought id just whip up something better in a few weeks and be done with it....

oops.

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoochile:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kess:
Oh Ive been around for awhile. Just work work work. I cant ***** cause Ive been very lucky in staying working, but dammit it seems like every time I finish a contract and settle down to spend a few weeks flying RB or Il2, within a coupla days I get a call for more work. So now I have a superstition that if I dont load up one of them, Ill be unemployed forever. ;\)

But hey man, your stuff looks good, and I mean good. Its just weird, looking back on all the old stuff and seeing all the new stuff.

I mean christ, what we used to get excited about!

Some of it is still real good; Ill never forget the first time we all flew the MMP, goddamn that was cool.

But now the dilemma is deciding which path to go by. Im thinking Ill get your PL stuff and also the WFP and just have two RB installs, so I dont have to choose between the two. ;\)

Its no wonder there arent any new and modern WW1 sims on the horizon, the bar is too damn high.

#690920 - 02/23/03 01:29 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  
Ivan Putski Offline
Hotshot
Ivan Putski  Offline
Hotshot

Memphis, Tn. U.S.A.
Sent a money order in for it yesterday, looks great, can`t hardly wait. Puts \:D

"Is he?....Yeah....Nothings moving but,his watch"

Ivan
"Half Bader"
Putski
#690921 - 02/23/03 05:36 PM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  
Flybert Offline
WingWalkers Staff
Flybert  Offline
WingWalkers Staff

California
YO Voodoodediddle ! \:\)

Man , we were all chewin up each other 5 years ago now ! ... and beta testing too .. \:D

#690922 - 02/27/03 05:02 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Flybert:
YO Voodoodediddle ! \:\)

Man , we were all chewin up each other 5 years ago now ! ... and beta testing too .. \:D
Yeah well I flew better 5 years ago than I do now. ;\) Ah well, practice practice practice...

#690923 - 03/03/03 03:10 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Updated pictures added to the site along with screenshots of the newly finished Hannover CLIII.

#690924 - 03/03/03 06:42 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm impressed. Will this run on new hardware? I just bought P4 3.0, 9700 etc. Will it work with this game/mod?

#690925 - 03/03/03 11:17 PM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shouldnt be a problem, the only problems that people have with RB are video card/driver related.

The Promised Land is now set up with Paypal credit card capabilities.

#690926 - 03/04/03 12:32 PM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  
Bruce Offline
Bruce  Offline

Danvers,MA USA
I understand there will be various tweaks to get the PL Full canvas jacket to run on various systems,but what level of detail do you think I will be able to run at with my machine:Athlon 1800,Geforce3 500TI,512RAM,80 Gig HD, and Santa Cruz Soundcard running Windows XP with Glidos patch.Or do you think It would run better under just regular D3D? Great looking screenshots and all those tweaks you've added should make RB "new" again for many years to come.Talk about dedication.Great Job once again!!

#690927 - 03/05/03 03:29 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what i understand when you run the glidos patch you need to disable sunglare, they havent dealt with that thouroughly yet so it eats up FR when enabled with glidos running. i also know youll need to set the texture memory in the glidos ini to 4mb. you should be able to run the game with everything enabled, i do on a p3 800 - v5500 vid card.

For those that are interested, i just finished up the Sopwith Camels and have posted pictures of a few units planes. (includes first screenshots of combat between PL skinned planes).

#690928 - 03/07/03 04:22 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow this is pretty cool i have still have this game. Haven't played it because it sucks but with this looks like it becomes a winner.
Im going to order soon as its released, can't wait.
Isn't the music from Platoon?

#690929 - 03/07/03 05:50 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

yup, adagio for strings.

SE5a and DH2 finished, screenshots posted.

#690930 - 03/08/03 03:56 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody needs RB3D in the old large boxed version which includes the paper manual, see surpluscdrom.com $15 plus $6 ship. Same company also does 'buy it now' on ebay for last 6 months, even cheaper.

#690931 - 03/09/03 11:18 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  
tn_prvteye Offline
Captain Awesome
tn_prvteye  Offline
Captain Awesome

Nash'Vegas, TN, USA
Hey, Kess...ya mind if I just drop your check at your house... ;\)

It's just too freakin' cool that the patch that finally gives me the WWI sim I've always wanted comes from my hometown... \:D

"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower
#690932 - 03/09/03 06:07 PM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

So finally there is a Glide wrapper that works? Oh man! But I bet still RB2-3D won't work under Win2000Pro? Please tell me different. \:\)

#690933 - 03/10/03 12:11 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  
Ivan Putski Offline
Hotshot
Ivan Putski  Offline
Hotshot

Memphis, Tn. U.S.A.
Kess,
The new screenshots are great, thanks again for all your hard work on this project. can`t wait to kick the tires on those birds. Puts

"Is he?....Yeah....Nothings moving but,his watch"

Ivan
"Half Bader"
Putski
#690934 - 03/10/03 06:21 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  
Birdbrain Offline
Birdbrain  Offline

Tallahassee, Florida
Wotann, yes, you can install RB3D in Win2K. See the Red Baron Newbie Info thread here, under "Operating System".

As ever,
Birdbrain
#690935 - 03/10/03 07:54 AM Re: The Promised Lands "Full Canvas Jacket" Superpatch  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Birdbrain, heading there now. \:\)

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dick Rutan was 85
by F4UDash4. 05/04/24 11:02 AM
May the 4th be with you!
by RossUK. 05/04/24 09:30 AM
MLB (baseball)
by PanzerMeyer. 05/02/24 10:37 AM
Admiral Rickover
by RossUK. 05/01/24 12:57 PM
Conversational English 1586
by PanzerMeyer. 04/30/24 10:45 AM
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM
Jim Scoutten was 77
by F4UDash4. 04/27/24 10:35 AM
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.