Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4609706 - 09/27/22 12:26 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: WangoTango]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
As of now, we still plan to stay put. Current predictions look like it being Category 1 by the time it passes to our east (based on the centerline of the current cone of uncertainty). Obviously, it could turn further north and nail us harder, but I think we will be OK. Not looking forward to a prolonged loss of electrical power though. That always sucks.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4609708 - 09/27/22 01:32 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: WangoTango]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
I've been thinking about having a whole house generator installed but need to make sure we're going to stay in this house first. We might move from here once we get out and start looking around beginning around December.

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
#4609709 - 09/27/22 01:34 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Haggart
We might move from here once we get out and start looking around beginning around December.

Wow so you'll be one of the very few who would be leaving Texas instead of moving there!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4609710 - 09/27/22 01:40 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
Hehe, Panzer you right on that one ..... we've been in Texas most of our lives ..... who knows maybe there are areas of Florida we might like if i can find enough shade. I love our big trees over the greenbelt trails that wind through the pine and oak forest we live in. I spent too much time in the sun as a kid and dermatologist reminds me of it when i go see her every year Panzer so i can't be out in late morning or afternoon sun.

#4609713 - 09/27/22 02:40 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Haggart
Hehe, Panzer you right on that one ..... we've been in Texas most of our lives ..... who knows maybe there are areas of Florida we might like if i can find enough shade. I love our big trees over the greenbelt trails that wind through the pine and oak forest we live in. I spent too much time in the sun as a kid and dermatologist reminds me of it when i go see her every year Panzer so i can't be out in late morning or afternoon sun.

Between being retired and your doctor's recommendation I would highly recommend moving to somewhere in northern Florida. The cost of living is a LOT less compared to South Florida and the solar intensity is also a bit lower.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4609717 - 09/27/22 03:17 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: CyBerkut]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by CyBerkut
As of now, we still plan to stay put. Current predictions look like it being Category 1 by the time it passes to our east (based on the centerline of the current cone of uncertainty). Obviously, it could turn further north and nail us harder, but I think we will be OK. Not looking forward to a prolonged loss of electrical power though. That always sucks.

Just looking at the 11 AM track on MyRadar on my phone (much better scale than NHC website. Much better than yesterday evening for sure. Yeah, tons of rain coming and just tropical storm winds blew the roof off part of my porch in Irma, so not staying here tonight.

Surge looking better too. Still gonna mess up Homosassa and CR west of 19.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4609720 - 09/27/22 04:14 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: WangoTango]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
Panzer .... "Between being retired and your doctor's recommendation I would highly recommend moving to somewhere in northern Florida. The cost of living is a LOT less compared to South Florida and the solar intensity is also a bit lower"

Thanks Panzer I'll keep that in mind if we decide to move out there. My wife's sister might move from Colorado to FL in the next few years.

OG, Nixer and all you guys anywhere near the impact areas stay safe out there.

#4609722 - 09/27/22 04:36 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: WangoTango]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
The whole dang country is moving to FL!

FWIW I am about 25 miles SW of Ocala and the sun is still very intense here. Hot as heck in the summer and no seabreeze like I grew up with.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4609735 - 09/27/22 05:58 PM Re: Nova Scotia, be prepared [Re: Nixer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Nixer
The whole dang country is moving to FL!

Between people escaping their crap hole dictatorships in Latin America and Northeasterners escaping their high tax burden States, it’s no surprise that FL is busting at the seams.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.