Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#4353800 - 04/26/17 11:57 PM SimHQ Balance of Power  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Welcome to the next SimHQ F4 BMS campaign. We are transferring to the Balkans. The former Republic of Yugoslavia has overrun Bosnia and Croatia, and NATO has been called in to restore the borders. Balance of Power is a fantastic campaign. The Blue OoB is extensive. Though we start with limited air assets, over the first 24 to 48 hours we can expect to be heavily reinforced, and with just about every aircraft type in the inventory. The Reds are strong, especially air defense and on the ground.

The objective for Blue is to push the Reds over the Serbian border. That is a tall order, and this campaign should last for a long time (fingers crossed). We will need to capture cities such as Sarejevo, Tuzla, Mostar, Banja Luka and more. I will post the full list soon. Because the objectives are so far from the start line, it's important to do everything we can to protect our pixeltruppen from air attack. We need to have the strength on the ground to reach the Serb border. If you've flown in this theater, you probably noticed that the ATO struggles to put up any reasonable defensive air coverage. For this reason I have fragged out full defensive air along the front from 5 AM to 9:30 AM. After that, we are at the mercy of the ATO. Because of the nature of our server, there will be much time spent with no humans on. We stand a fair chance of having bases knocked out, ground units battered, and just general mayhem behind our lines. We will see.

In the early stages, our focus should be on frontline cities like Zadar (Adriatic coast), Bihac (central front) and Zagreb (northern front). Red armor and troop concentrations are expected to be very heavy, especially around Bihac. SA-3s and SA-2 are located near the front, with some SA-5 playing linebacker, and there is usually SA-6 near the two airfields in the Bihac region. If you've followed our posts here, you know some of us have a particularly nasty relationship with the SA-6. Personally I hate the damn thing and will go to any lengths to kill it until it is very, very dead. It feels the same way about me. When I played this recently there was SA-4 somewhere between Banja Luka and Mostar.

Red air is not their strong suit. They have numbers, but only the MiG-29A could be considered a true threat, and since it's the A model, even those can be dealt with if spotted in time. The slammer is the difference in this air war. They have capable ground attack craft however, in the G-4, Su-25 and J-22. These should be attacked at all opportunities to protect our ground troops. Because the server will run unattended for a considerable time, I recommend an airfield denial strategy as much as is prudent. The best (only) way to protect our bases and troops reasonably is to keep the Red airforce on the ground.

Some notes. We will get an aircraft carrier in the Adriatic as reinforcements. But Red does too! Everyone knows about the FRY's strong naval tradition, and their carrier makes an appearance. Blue will also attempt to conduct an amphibious landing starring the Marine Corps near Mostar after a few days. Speaking of Mostar, we have two Commando squads attempting to capture Mostar airfield. They need a lot of help if they are to hold until relieved. Any missions you can fly in support of these troops will be valuable. Let's see if we can keep them alive until the end. I don't think it can be done. Prove me wrong.

One challenge that pilots new to the Balkans may not be aware of is that both Blue and Red fly the MiG-21. So be extra careful when engaging Fishbeds to avoid friendly fire incidents. They are based along with the Harriers near the very northern end of the frontline. They will be a constant source of tension for our pilots flying out of Brnik. All theater airfields have a VHF frequency, and some also have a UHF frequency. Consult the included Balkans nav aids list for tower frequencies, TACANs, runway headings and altitudes.

For us, there will be many squadrons of F-16s deployed within the first couple of days. Block 50s, 40s and Dutch MLU's. There are many bases to fly out of, so feel free to hop around, I always do. Only the 22nd FS out of Brnik will be reserved at the start however.

Download Balkans Theater for BMS 4.33.3

Required version is F4 BMS 4.33.3

Oden will post server details below.

Here is the theater at the start. A weather map has been included, and we should see fairly nice weather in the immediate front, though Italy could be socked in a bit. I fooled around with some settings, and we should have a higher stratus base this time, closer to 18,000 so we can use our sniper pods without having to go as low into the IR SAM envelope, terrain height notwithstanding! Visibility in poor weather has been reduced. The Falcon gods will determine the weather from that point on. Good luck men, see you over Sarejevo.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 2017-04-26_191841.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 04/28/17 01:11 AM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4353801 - 04/26/17 11:57 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Campaign Objectives

Blue must hold Zagreb, Zadar, Banja Luka, Split, Mostar, Tuzla, Osijek, Sarajevo, Bihac and Gornji Vakuf.

#4354059 - 04/27/17 11:42 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Much more Red this time?? biggrin

- Ice
#4354070 - 04/28/17 12:27 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The numbers are quite even at the start. The Reds have more of their ground power arrayed near the front than Blue does, and Red is attacking. Aircraft start more or less even, but Blue mobilizes for this one. I expect that before too long we will have overwhelming air superiority.

I just flew a successful test. I'm not sure if Oden intends to restart, but I see no harm in posting the IP in case anyone wants to try to connect and fly a mission. Oden may indeed restart at some point. The weather map isn't loaded, so enjoy the fair skies smile

I think the weather map can be put in at anytime, but I haven't done so. I am fine with flying CAVU, too. Doing so could help pilots learn the theater more easily, landmarks, airbase locations and that sort of stuff. Can always do a new map later.

Server IP 83.250.95.15 Comms on SimHQs Team Speak.

Oden will make a post with more server detail at some point I think.

I sort of hope you keep it running Oden, because I found some targets on my test hop thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 2017-04-27_201558.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 04/28/17 12:46 AM.

#4354116 - 04/28/17 05:45 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I saw this morning you managed to access the server despite all issues I've had with portforwarding since the new broadband router arrived.
From my inside LAN I still have issues but if you could see the server we're good to go!

Can you guys still see my screenshots in the other threads? I cannot as long as I am browsing from inside my LAN.
If not, adding screenies becomes a bit moot.

I was planning on restarting the campaign despite your successful array of downed targets DBond biggrin

Will make the official start of this campaign late this friday evening so we get max number of players the first crucial hours.
This thread and the dedicated server thread will be updated.

#4354117 - 04/28/17 05:57 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

By the way, I will let the server run during this euro daytime and let people make connection attempts to verify new settings.

Server: 83.250.95.15
Connection: 1024
IVC: 83.250.95.15
No password.
Theater: Balkans 4.33 u3

Campaign Official start at about 22:00 Swedenland/ 21:00 Londoneers to make the gap of player free hours short before US zone pilots show up.

(sounds big but this is pretty much me during late euro-hours and DBond a few hours later, unless kids/wife says otherwise biggrin )

#4354145 - 04/28/17 11:36 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No worries, I was just warming up smile

I can see your screenshots in other threads yes.

I will definitely get some hops in tonight. I'll fly some HARMCAPs or BARCAPs in the early hours.

I flew a second mission last night, a HARMCAP between Zagreb and Udbina. Managed to knock out the Straight Flush at Udbina airbase and a Fan Song east of Zagreb. I then got chased by four MiG-29s in full burner all the way to Pula before I was shot down. There was no CAP to drag them in to.

I done the drag, but there ain't no bag.

#4354286 - 04/28/17 08:23 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Server is up:

Version: BMS 4.33 u3
Platform: 64 bit
Theater: Balkans
IP: 83.250.95.15
Bandwidth: 1024 or higher.

IVC: 83.250.95.15 (optional)

Campaign: BoP

Please see dedicated server thread for other details

#4354305 - 04/28/17 09:33 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Game is On.

First sortie went towards Zagreb.
Planned for a HARM-CAP as per DBond first flights tactics.
Since this was a short legged adventure I replaced the bags with 4x CBU87's

[Linked Image]

As so often flying from Brnik my wingman, Shark 3-2, disappeared - nothing in debrief when/where/why.
But I had a nice moon to look at and that light haze at horizon makes this a pleasant view.

[Linked Image]

As I reached stp 3, pretty much on the frontline, I got 40miles out contacts identified as hostile MiG-21's

Those of you that've been reading our AAR's knows Fishbeds in this theater can be friendly.

But, if AWACS says hostile I'll bite.

First slammer off at some 20 miles for a target heading to my left.
Counting seconds for that pitbull call.
switching target to his wingman and off another 120 goes.
As that second missile goes pitbull I try for a third shot on another 2-ship (to my understanding) and as soon as that third missile goes active I decide to extend back to my stp 3 at the frontline.

While putting distance to the red air I switch to HTS and can barely make out a 3 cluttered among A and S markers, trying to tag it and off my first Magnum goes.

As I break left there is this red blipped A pretty close on my left side so I decide to give him my last HARM (this is usually when all those pesky SA-6 shows up, but not today smile ).
Off goes another Magnum.

Leveling out climbing back to angels 18 I suddenly see tracers passing by very very close over my left shoulder!

Full burner and turning left I see a MiG-21 close on my tail.
As you guys might know now I am not a dogfighter, well maybe against an An-2.
Full burner, nose down 5 deg and off I go with ECM talking out loud.

At 580 kts and 4000ft the airframe starts to protest but I try to keep it calm telling we will soon be away from that MiG.

Now some 20 miles into friendly side of the frontline I glance back again just to see that MiG still chasing!
Who would do that? FRY Kamikaze?

Ok, outrunning a Fishbed is not something easily done since they are built as a missile housing a pilot.
But out-fuel them or scare them with SAM threat should work, in my little world smile

My plan was to see him gone so I could turn 180 and say goodbye to him with my last 120 but now I decide to just keep high speed back to home plate.

After a few short *shirp* from my RWR I hear this big bang and I have to eject.

Seriously?
Why now?
He had another AA-2C and used it this late?
What The H..

Ok, we miss one block 50 now thanks to me, but I am getting used to be that guy biggrin

My falcon CTD'd as I tried to get out for debrief so no cool picture of that but from debrief.txt we have:

Event Yugoslavian MiG-21MF downed by theOden at 05:35:25
Event AA-2C launched at theOden 05:36:04
Event AA-2C launched at theOden 05:36:09
Event Yugoslavian MiG-21MF downed by theOden at 05:36:18
Event Yugoslavian Low Blow destroyed by theOden at 05:37:20
Event Yugoslavian Fire Can destroyed by theOden at 05:39:00
Event theOden ejected at 05:41:09

and

Event AIM-120C released at 05:34:31@72hit MiG-21MF - destroyed
Event AIM-120C released at 05:34:56@72hit MiG-21MF - damaged
Event AIM-120C released at 05:35:43@72hit MiG-21MF - destroyed

That Low Blow is the SA-3 tracking radar and the Fire Can is AAA tracking radar, for those that didn't know.

#4354308 - 04/28/17 10:15 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good job getting it kicked off Oden. Those kills makes you Ace of the Base biggrin

I must stake my claim as the Rolling Fire Ace of the Base. I don't know how many kills each other pilot had, but last I saw I had 32 official kills in that RF, not counting those lost through connection issues.

Your MiG-21 was just like my 29s last night. Relentless pursuit in full burner. There is (or was) a Patriot battery between Zagreb and Brnik. With so little CAP fragged by the ATO that could be our only chance to shake some of these pursuers. There should have been some CAP up if you flew before 9:30. How was the weather?

Duh, I see you flew right off the bat, so you would have been up before the CAP started arriving around 5:45

Last edited by DBond; 04/28/17 10:22 PM.

#4354330 - 04/29/17 12:53 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hopped on tonight and found Oden on. We flew two missions. I hadn't joined the comms server yet, and saw Oden, egressing. Figuring it's after midnight in Svedenland I fragged a solo BARCAP thinking he would need to call it a night. But he was up for more smile

So he fragged a solo AI and we flew together. The airspace between Zagreb and Bihac was thick with enemy aircraft. As you saw above, I had a rather successful test hop last night, and I thought, well there's no repeat of that. But I waded in to the fray, and in 7 minutes knocked down 6 enemy aircraft again.

[Linked Image]

Oden bombed his target but took some fire coming off, and we met back up. He had his avionics shot out, but he is really good at nursing wounded birds back to base. I found a divert base and led him to it.

Oden follows me to Cerklje trailing smoke

[Linked Image]

The runway there is well-guarded biggrin

[Linked Image]

Wanna race for slips?

[Linked Image]

On the second mission I flew as the number two on a strike against a refinery east of Zagreb. I took two -84s and six slammer-Cs. Aircraft were everywhere, and we had quite a task sorting the airspace. We made it to the target and Oden went in first. Good bombs. So good that the target site was shrouded in smoke. As I rolled in an aircraft exploded directly over the target. I dropped the bombs, ripple two, with 333 feet spacing on my diamond. Good bombs and I pulled to egress. SAM trails were coming up from the target. We think it was a SA-14 that ate one of Oden's Eight-Fours. We each managed to shoot down two aircraft after getting the bombs off, including Oden shooting a MiG-29 off my tail, and flew back to base, I landed with 700 pounds.

The target as seen on egress

[Linked Image]

Really good start to the campaign. Blue is consolidating already, just a few hours in. Thanks for the flights Oden, always great flying with you.

theOden

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 2017-04-28_192009.jpg2017-04-28_192431.jpg2017-04-28_192512.jpg2017-04-28_192632.jpg2017-04-28_195745.jpg2017-04-28_203012.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 04/29/17 01:09 AM.

#4354380 - 04/29/17 10:17 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Yes was good flights DBond but sure gota bit late for me haha, hit the sack at 3am.

Since DBond is a nice guy he never told I managed to kill another F-15C.
I promise you all I had a lock onto a MiG29 according to AWACS but with a F-15 in between us I held off from launching and I just kept biding my time.
Having this lock for minutes but I got into a good separation between this target and that F-15C I decided it was time to shoot and as soon as the missile went off my rail in pitbull I heard this unpleasant call over radio. Been there Done that but it really makes my spine shiver each time, God I hate these friendly kills.

Who needs an enemy when you have Oden on Blue side biggrin

Anyway, our strike on that Refinery was all what F-16 missions are about, fought air targets on the way in - got a brief calm situation and took the opportunity to run in on target with good hits and then fight our way out again (ok, DBond had a load of slammers so we opted to stay in the area as fuel permitted smile )

Great times!

I'd like to tell everyone reading here after flying campaigns and TE's and online Force-on-Force (Falcon-online) for years (as with most of us I guess - including long periods of no Falcon at all) flying with DBond learning what he looks at in campaign windows and see events happening has given me a new view on falcon campaigns.

While flying before enjoying the fact you never ever know what will happen during a mission, all the way down till you actually land and taxi away!, now looking at PAK's OOB's current flights and what not makes me experience the bigger picture and progress I have to admit I really didn't do before.

I never touched PAK's, I never adjusted sliders, never ever spawned needed ai flights such as DBond A-10 mayhem or supporting CAP's.

I wouldn't call it a falcon-rebirth, but it is bloody close to be honest.

Anyhow, to keep blue in misery I just flew a 4-ship TASMO (anti-shipping, which of course if what fighter aircrafts is about for a Swedish e-pilot like me grown up with Viggens).

The F-16 does not come with the Star Wars look-alike Rb04E like we fly on the Viggen but AGM-65G with the bigger blast-warhead does quite the job.

[Linked Image]

Bordeline "bags-needed-target-distance" I saw multiple ship groups down there and planned to use wingman calls on all targets of opportunity.
Circled area is where two Frigates was sailing about and it seems they managed to kill a blue cargo convoy, at least the blue pixels disappeared.
(picture taken after this sortie)

[Linked Image]

Close to the coast I met a multiple layered cloud system, so much wow.
By now I had lost my section - this is was I was afraid of, 2 airframes down the drain due to AI behaviour.
Worth to note is that they managed to Taxi this time, I kept a close look for all AI during take off and I know they were following me for quite some time.
My suggestion is: do not add AI wingmen, put them in another flight to your package rather.

[Linked Image]

Now, as the DCS Viggen pilot I am I switched the ground radar to SEA and started my search at the target steerpoint.
All empty in the area I started to move the cursor all over but all I could see was 2 blue ships.
Closing in to the target steerpoint wingman called for permission to engage.
Fine, go ahead but there is nothing out there dude.

"rifle"

Say what?

Working hard with the ground radar in sea mode I was totally blind from what he engaged.
Suddenly I see this smoke on the surface.
Diving onto the smoke popping a Maverick myself I overfly the area so empty on my radar and holy Wallaby, there are the Frigates!

[Linked Image]

I was just expecting to be shot to pieces any moment but nothing happened.
Extending a bit I still could not see these guys on my radar but as they seemed to not really care about me I had a go at visual delivery of the 65G's.
Next time I will try using the normal GM radar.

During my second attack run my wingman called fumes and I responded with RTB.
Soon enough I had all my Mav's off my wings and I had to start planning getting back home in one piece me too.
As usual I barely make it back home coming in at 27kft some 35 miles out Brnik with 900 lbs fuel I pretty much just go for runway 30 no questions asked.

[Linked Image]

Landing all good and just for show I thought I would give you readers this unnecessary picture. But it is pretty cool for being Falcon.

[Linked Image]

Excellent rating with wingman and I getting one Frigate each.

[Linked Image]

#4354381 - 04/29/17 10:26 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

On a sidenote to that SEA mode not finding any targets I noticed the HUD square/circle showing where the AGM-65 is looking was waaaay off.
I guess one really needs to align the maverick-stations even when choosing not to use the frigging TGP due to not getting the head around the extra procedures.
As it looks, I guess the AGM-65 series is out of my possible loadouts from now on.

#4354404 - 04/29/17 01:15 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Great stuff Oden. Before turning in last night I had looked and saw those Frigates and hoped the AI would take them out. They would have done some damage to our cargo and patrol boats. So great job taking them out! Those WERE the frigates you took out correct?

Love that shot of the weather. I spent more time working on the weather for this one, and what you show is what I had been trying to achieve, so it worked.

I wouldn't call it a falcon-rebirth, but it is bloody close to be honest.

That's just outstanding. Thanks for the kind words, but this wouldn't even be happening if it weren't for your server, so you deserve most of the credit in my view. Still, as I said last night we make a good team and this is all working out well. I remember when I first broached this idea, one of the guys said, well I don't think Falcon works the way you want it to. But it does indeed biggrin

#4354409 - 04/29/17 01:48 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
After Oden had to call it a night I walked the dog and caught a bit of a buzz and then jumped back in. The campaign was in consolidation mode and Red aircraft were all over behind our lines. Oh no you don't!

So I fragged a solo BARCAP. As step time approached, all of these Red buggers flew home, leaving nothing up. No BLue, no Red. Just me, patrolling the front for an hour. Flew back and landed. My debrief showed

DBond took off'
DBond landed
DBond exited

Flew a HARMCAP next and still I was trolling, but nothing's bit biggrin

Managed to take out the Square Pair that always lights up as soon as we take off. I had flown way too deep in search of targets and got a SA-6 to light up. I fired my second HARM at this Straight Flush but he shut down while the missile was on it's way and it missed. As I turned for home he lit back up and stayed that way as if to mock me. It's even more personal now! biggrin

So I flew for over two hours and managed to kill just one thing. But I owned that airspace! (because I was the only thing flying. It's normal ('consolidation siesta')

#4354465 - 04/29/17 07:26 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Finally Oden did something right.

Single Ship Strike on Bihac Army Base.
Lack of Red Air made for a smooth ride to target and with two 2-ripple Mk84's (you knew that, right?) this base was blown to pieces.

[Linked Image]

As I had 4 amraams still to use I asked AWACS for nearest threat just to see if there was something more I could do while in the area after all.
Response was a 2-ship Fishbeds 80 miles south of bullseye,
Nice, couldn't be too far away so I turned almost a 180.
Soon enough I got two contacts on my FCR and asked AWACS to declare (we all know I am amazingly good at friendly kills so I wouldn't take any chances considering blue MiG-21's do fly here).

As seen they are in a pretty tight formation so I could only see a single target still:

[Linked Image]

Off with my first 120 and waiting those horrible seconds before pitbull.

In this dark environment I could actually see small white dots and once pitbull was called I found myself too close to keep scanning in RWS so I slapped that dogfight mode and activated radar in vertical scan.
Without really knowing where that number 2 went I kept turning in the heading I thought would make sense.
"Lock"
Sweet to hear betty say those words and off slammer #2 went.

Here you can see Fishbed #2
(yeah, aint I a funny guy)

[Linked Image]

On my way home I even passed a 4-ship F-15C's without shooting them down.

Debrief show me the two MiG-21's and Excellent rating.

[Linked Image]

Had a number of Blue-Pause again and made some checks on the server.
Actually lost two aircrafts before this mission due to pause/check server in other room/come back and see I crashed.

Server had alot more to give with RAM at 4GB of 16GB available and CPU running easily at 31%.

I actually think the server needs to be restarted every 24 hours or so.
Will do a restart soon and hope for better performance the upcoming hours.

#4354469 - 04/29/17 07:52 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
32,000?! Good grief. What are you returning from the ISS or something? How was re-entry? biggrin

Good work. I see by the DED that by the time I get on it will be daylight.

I've been having some blue pauses as well, one even on final approach, which isn't ideal. But in each case they have resolved themselves within 10-20 seconds.

#4354544 - 04/30/17 06:47 AM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

haha yes, you can all call me SpaceMan - maybe I should change my callname ingame.

Just had two breakfast-flights and as I enter the squadron doors I see DBond rounding up his last mission.

We seem to work in shift smile

We have a number of red battalions at Bihac and not too many opposing blue units.
Time for a 8xCBU87 flight.

Also adding a 2-ship A-10's from our sister squadron here at Brnik to the same area.

Noticed we have visitors at the airbase, for once they aren't standing right on the runway.

[Linked Image]

Finding one lined up battalion I try to get fancy using the TGP to put the radar cursor between two blocks of 3 units for my ripple x2/222ft spacing

[Linked Image]

Realizing this will take ages to extend to 10 miles and turn around to drop another pair I decide to go CCIP on them now that I have a smoke marker on the ground.
This of course puts me in harms way and soon I have an SA-14 along with an SA-13 and SA-19 slapping me and boom goes my plane (and me too).

God frigging d'mit why do I do these stupid moves all the time?
Why not put the radar cursor in the center of that ground unit string and adjust ripple to x4 or x8 and keep altitude?

Next flight same loadout now as Air Interdiction putting stp 3 and 4 on two different red battalions.
This time I do ripple 4xCBU87 on each ground unit line as seen in FCR but first ripple misses completely and the second one gives only 5 hits.
At least I got to land on the second flight keeping our number of airframes intact.

We (or maybe more correctly "I") need more of you readers to help us out smile

#4354572 - 04/30/17 01:17 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I was finishing my shift just as Oden showed up for his.

[Linked Image]

The server ran splendidly! Not a single blue pause. Just perfect.

When I hopped on last night thing were going OK. Red aircraft are running wild really. Especially in Italy, where they meet virtually no resistance. I thought, well at least those attacks aren't dropping bombs on our troops that will do the attacking. Force levels are still very even, and we are losing ground troops at the same rate. We need to get that going in our favor. Their air force is still very strong. Our troops have moved to take Zagreb and push further east, and were just about in control of Bihac airbase. But it's still early, just mid-day on day two when I was on. I ended up flying probably five missions. Every time I landed I would look at the map and see another wave of incoming enemy aircraft.

All of the air to air missions are sort of jumbled in my mind, but on one I saw a train of gomers heading for southern Italy so I transferred quickly to Amendola and took up a MLU. Managed to knock down three.

Here you see the train arriving. I took off in full burner to 18,000 and caught them.

[Linked Image]

On one mission I got in to a dogfight with a MiG-21. I hit him with a burst of the Vulcan, and right after that was hit by a SA-19 and punched out

[Linked Image]

Here, Fox-Three on a Galeb northeast of Udbina

[Linked Image]

My final mission of the night was a strike on a gas plant just east of Zagreb. I took four Eight-Fours and dropped in a 30-degree CCIP attack, ripple two, 444 spacing with two release commands. Good bombs and I came off target pumping chaff and flares. Got down to 10,000 before climbing out, which is too low, but fortune smiled upon me this time.

Here you see the target shrouded in smoke as I fly south in search of air targets.

[Linked Image]

We were in another consolidation siesta, so little was up. I did manage to find a pair of Su-25s east of Zadar. I shot both of them, but only for damage. I came around and re-acquired and knocked one down. The other managed to get close to the base at Zadar, and a SA-3 engaged me and fired two SAMs. I was forced defensive and that SU-25 landed, smoking, but alive. I evaded the SAMs and flew back to base.

Here you see these smoking Frogfoots making for base

[Linked Image]

My bombs were very good indeed. 19 kills, plus the Su-25 resulted in this

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 2017-04-29_202829.jpg2017-04-29_203227.jpg2017-04-29_231614.jpg2017-04-30_003407.jpg2017-04-30_004357.jpg2017-04-30_010859.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 04/30/17 02:15 PM.

#4354576 - 04/30/17 02:07 PM Re: SimHQ Balance of Power [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Spaceman, yes, that's it biggrin

Just hopped on to check the situation. No time to fly at the mo, but a good general always keeps tabs.

Blue has launched an offensive. Very good. We now hold a massive advantage in aircraft force level, as we continue to keep the pressure on, while the Blue mobilization sees new squadrons arriving continually The efforts last night seemed to have paid dividends. The situation on the ground has not changed however, and we are essentially matching Red kill for kill. As air superiority shifts in our favor we should be getting handle on that.

So far I have flown 8 hops in the campaign, and here are the totals thus far

[Linked Image]

Hopefully I can get a hop or two in a bit later

Attached Files 2017-04-30_100134.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 04/30/17 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.