Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
#4023351 - 10/16/14 07:26 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Force10]  
KrustyvonKlown Offline
KrustyvonKlown  Offline

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Force10
Originally Posted By: KrustyvonKlown

The game is a lot closer to a 10 than to a 0. So there's a lot more harm caused by giving it a 0 than a 10.

That's just your opinion and your entitled to it…others might not agree and they are entitled to that as well.

I never claimed otherwise. I also have virtually no respect for the more active forum dwelling members of this community, so I expect there are probably a lot of people who think the game is closer to a 0 than a 10.

#4023357 - 10/16/14 07:31 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Metacritic entry is gone btw.

#4023359 - 10/16/14 07:34 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Force10]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
Originally Posted By: Force10
Klunk,

First off…the zero's that were given were more to counter the perfect 10's that were given as part of a review campaign that happened early on in the access period. Basically to balance out the average score IMO. A lot of folks that reviewed it as a 10 early…wished they could reverse their score after finding out what would be in the final release.

Second…it's not your place to tell someone what the lowest score they can give a game is. If someone gets absolutely zero value out of the product at release and can give a reasoned review why they feel it was a waste of money…they can give it any score they like…they don't have to inflate their numbers to make you happy. That's just stupid.

I have not reviewed this game yet as I'm waiting for the final release to see what it's like and if my $100 purchase was worth it.

I might answer you more thorougly another day, not tonite though... I am too upset and might write things I really don't mean to say. I can only say that I understand some of the gripes quite a few have about the unlocks thingy, but I am glad that we both seem the agree that reviews should be balanced and fair, based on both the cons and pros of a game...and that all kinds of extremes, both highs and lows better be well argued for... And I am quite sure both the producers And our fellow gamers expect that.

To base a zero solely on the unlock issue is both misguiding and unfair. One' s score should represent ones's opinion, not some kind of balance act just because someone else gave a higher..or lower..score than up think a game deserves. That's not reviewing,

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 10/16/14 07:42 PM.

http://www.svaf.net
Nobody can hear you scream.. in an open cockpit
#4023370 - 10/16/14 07:42 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: F19_Klunk]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: F19_Klunk
..To base a zero solely on the unlock issue is both misguiding and unfair

I'm pretty sure even the most average reader will ignore both 0 and 10 entries.
Not sure what there is to be so upset over.

#4023391 - 10/16/14 08:27 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: theOden]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: theOden

Almost all the reviews were either 0 or 10 with the 10's outnumbering the 0's almost three to one.

If I have no interest in playing a game at all that I was initially very interested in then it is a 0 to me. Like I said in an earlier post, no matter how nice it otherwise is, a car with no wheels is no use to me at all and I would rate it a zero. The SP Campaign in BoS as it stands now is of no interest to me at all and with no interest in MP play BoS is useless to me, and thus a zero. Your mileage may vary, but it has nothing to do with hate.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4023392 - 10/16/14 08:29 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

So basically, the complaints should be over the 10's? smile

#4023397 - 10/16/14 08:39 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
I totally agree.... But it's still true.... Many do....

Edit... Sorry... Wrong thread.

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 10/16/14 08:40 PM.

#4023402 - 10/16/14 08:48 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: KodiakJac]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

Almost all the reviews were either 0 or 10 with the 10's outnumbering the 0's almost three to one.

If I have no interest in playing a game at all that I was initially very interested in then it is a 0 to me. Like I said in an earlier post, no matter how nice it otherwise is, a car with no wheels is no use to me at all and I would rate it a zero. The SP Campaign in BoS as it stands now is of no interest to me at all and with no interest in MP play BoS is useless to me, and thus a zero. Your mileage may vary, but it has nothing to do with hate.

Ueah sure... But .... You are looking for a car, but for you BoS is quite obvioulsy another vehicle. Baldur's gate or Doom 3 is of no interest for me either and therefore useless. That doesn't mean I would give them a 0 in score... They are most probably great games based on their virtues.

#4023408 - 10/16/14 08:54 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: F19_Klunk]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort

Ueah sure... But .... You are looking for a car, but for you BoS is quite obvioulsy another vehicle. Baldur's gate or Doom 3 is of no interest for me either and therefore useless. That doesn't mean I would give them a 0 in score... They are most probably great games based on their virtues.

I'm not sure I understand. I played IL-2 1946 for about 3 hours last night in SP mode. Several nights ago I played RoF for about 3 hours offline in SP mode. Combat flight sims are the only games I own and I am a BoS Founder.

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4023477 - 10/17/14 12:14 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted this yesterday in the BOS Poll Jason put up about what each customers attitude about the Unlocks is."How do you feel about the Campaign System with Unlocks?" I don't know who deleted it, but today it is deleted. There is no character attack against anyone or 1C/777 as a whole, and as it is plainly stated, it is not an emotional rant. These are the main problems introduced in the latest rounds of updates to BOS IMHO, nothing more. I can't see anything wrong with voting in the Poll (which I did) and then writing a concise set of dislikes about the recent changes made and commenting on the irresponsible posts of 2 of the team members.

Jason, thanks for the opportunity to let you know how I feel in your Poll on this issue. For me it comes down to this. Please 777, as Developers, do not tell me how to play the product I have already paid for from you. I.E ----> You the Customer cannot customize your in game settings(graphics and sound), we will make presets for you. You the Customer cannot play MP with any upgrades unless you play our SP content first and earn(Xpoints) them. You the Customer cannot customize your personal settings in the SP Campaign besides the presets we have set for you(Expert: no AI, no external views, no x2). The planes look very good(a lot of hard work went into them, it is easy to see), the map looks good(huge, good for an all snow map), the feeling of flight is good(like ROF). Some FMs are very good and some are still a bit dodgy (a WIP, I understand). The potential is still there and I still hope 777 can turn this around. Before this last set of updates I was really enjoying BOS(what limited time I have in it), with only a few annoyances that I assumed you would iron out. I don't appreciate the post on threatening to shut BOS down. The attitude of 777s PR guy(Zak) and a couple of others on team 777, after these updates and the back lash that ensued, has appeared to be, You will play BOS the way we say, or if you don't like it, then just shut up and don't make negative comments on the Forums or give negative reviews. I have had some negative things to say, because I was not happy with your last updates. Once I went to Metacritic and saw the Fanboy Campaign going on there (all 10s posted on 10/03/14) I decided to give what I thought was a fair review IMHO. I encouraged others to give fair reviews, even asking people to not just trash BOS, but give a fair review, posting both good & bad points. At this moment, I still stand by that review. I did not post it to hurt 777, I posted it to let simmers who were looking at BOS know what I personally thought of the game, that is all. As far as Zak telling people that if they don't want BOS closed down, they had better change their reviews, that is ridicules. If BOS releases with improvements (IMHO) over what it is now, I will right another review and encourage others to again review BOS and share their opinions. As a paying Customer(Gold EA), I don't think I can be any fairer than that. I am not injecting any hate or attitude in this statement, please do not add any in your interpretation.

S!Blade<><

Unfortunately, I then went to Metacritic only to see that all of the Reviews have been Deleted. I posted this.

Wow, just checked Metacritic and all Reviews have been Deleted. That just says it all doesn't it Jason. Amazing.

S!Blade<><

My final post

[quote name="71st_Mastiff" post="180870" timestamp="1413434228"]
you do understand that 1C has the final say right? as it is 1C product and not 777 Studios..

wow they deleted the whole IL2 BOS..
[/quote]

Sorry, no insult intended, I seem to always say 777, just add 1C/777 to what I wrote above. It doesn't matter for me anymore. With deleting all reviews over there(Metacritic) you can really see what this is all about. Many negative posts here have been deleted and even Testers run off and Servers closed for having critical opinions of the latest updates. As a Developer or Investor this must be very frustrating, but you can only control a customers' perception and opinion of your product so far, which for me is none at all. If the customer is not welcome to post his or her honest opinion of BOS's performance here on the Forum or out on an independent Forum or Review Site, well then there is no sense in being a Customer here anymore, for me at least. I hope everyone here enjoys BOS and the Devs are completely happy with how things turn out.

S!Blade<>< out.

This is just to let people see how 1C/777 censorship is over at BOS. I have been a longtime supporter of ROF(have purchased everything they offer) and and Gold EA customer since the beggining. Two things I have learned. I will no longer EA or Crowd fund any project before it is released. I seriously doubt I will ever purchase anything from 1C again, and I own every 1C flight sim offering. Once again, no attitude or hate have been ingrained in this post, just my understanding of what is going on with BOS + my 2 cents.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 10/17/14 12:21 AM.
#4023518 - 10/17/14 02:20 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
ObvilionLost Offline
ObvilionLost  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
It's funny that on BoS forums were having metacritic for it's biased user reviews, yet BoS fans are exactly guilty of that. This game does not deserve 10/10, developers should try to fix the game, but at this stage might be a bit too late, and not argue how they are getting unfair reviews. Welcome to the real world of software development, where bad development/design decision could ruin entire product.

Last edited by ObvilionLost; 10/17/14 02:32 AM.
#4023527 - 10/17/14 03:17 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: vocatx]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted By: vocatx
No, BoS isn't perfect...

Well, based on similar thought that some founders defend in their forum one can conclude that those SP players that don't see fun in grinding XP for unlocks in the "Historic" Campaign can have some fun offline done ground spins, or colliding in tress, or seeing AI bombers do circles in target area on QMB missions until ran of fuel... or maybe practice R/C 3D manoeuvres or trying Pugacheve's Cobra with Fw 190... yep

After all if il-2 1946/CloD... is all this crappy that all know, we BoS dev's need bother in add a better SP contend to be perfect? confused

BTW - This video indicates that BoS Fw 190 roll ~ 160°/sec and not slow like people still complaining. biggrin

#4023532 - 10/17/14 03:33 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Leaf85 Offline
Leaf85  Offline

Calgary, AB. Canada
Quote:

This is just to let people see how 1C/777 censorship is over at BOS. I have been a longtime supporter of ROF(have purchased everything they offer) and and Gold EA customer since the beggining. Two things I have learned. I will no longer EA or Crowd fund any project before it is released. I seriously doubt I will ever purchase anything from 1C again, and I own every 1C flight sim offering. Once again, no attitude or hate have been ingrained in this post, just my understanding of what is going on with BOS + my 2 cents.

S!Blade<><

They've tightened up the forums over there, moving threads and deleting posts that have little to do with the topic at hand. I wouldn't call that kind of stuff censorship. Your post there likely fell into the category of off-topic and you might have been better off starting a whole new thread or added it to a general discussion thread rather than a specific "Poll" thread. That's my understanding, for what it's worth smile

Last edited by Leaf85; 10/17/14 03:35 AM.

Currently dabbling in;
WOTR/BoF, Naval Action! also Run 8,
IL2BOS/BOM smile

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
#4023533 - 10/17/14 03:34 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
vpmedia Offline
vpmedia  Offline

Hungary

Looks like that at 777 making changes to their software turned into greek tragedy (metacritic fiasco)...what actually happened is that they've found out whats wrong with their game before release...terrible thing, right? smile

#4023538 - 10/17/14 03:45 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Leaf85 Offline
Leaf85  Offline

Calgary, AB. Canada
Actually there is only one major controversy currently and that's the unlocks/xp which is part of the single player campaign (but affects MP/co-op). The sim itself is pretty decent and still in development. Kinda hard to separate fact from fiction with all the hysteria, trolling, and knee-jerk reactiveness (some community members and some dev group people) if you let yourself succumb to that.

Currently dabbling in;
WOTR/BoF, Naval Action! also Run 8,
IL2BOS/BOM smile

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
#4023550 - 10/17/14 05:05 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: vpmedia]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted By: vpmedia
..what actually happened is that they've found out whats wrong with their game before release...terrible thing, right? smile

Yeah smile
Most businesses would scream of joy and get to it but one hard Point in forum based feedback is that extremely few customers visit online forums and even fewer creates a account to post.

I remember this Picture of a diagram from Steam IIRC during the fall of Dover (banana forums) pretty much indicating that no matter how many onliners comment it is still far from the actual customer base.

Personally I Think the onliners are the most dedicated Group (duh) but not necessary the part that brings the Revenue.

With that as a conclusion one could say it is safe to ignore "screaming" forum threads but if that is true the Revenue comes from a Group that gives absolutely no feedback - not so frigging sure that is better in any single way to be honest, from a business decision point.

Also, if above conclusion is correct the better way must be to finalize the Product Before even announcing it to the market, avoiding bad rumors/comments from alpha/beta stages (no matter how much alpha notes you put out there will be folks saying it sucks expecting a fully grown simgame).

Edit: what's up with this autocorrect putting a frigging capital letter all over my text? :runsincirclesscreaming:

Last edited by theOden; 10/17/14 05:07 AM.
#4023558 - 10/17/14 05:35 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Ghost_swe]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

I am so over this crap.

If they do close the project in December, I won't even notice it's gone.

Unlike my $100 I gave them a year ago.

It's like there's a huge war going on right now involving people who play games, people who write about games, and people who make games. It's one big goatfu$$ and everyone is fighting everyone else.

I am just burnt out on everything game related at this point.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#4023560 - 10/17/14 05:49 AM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: Leaf85]  
mugwump Offline
mugwump  Offline

Vancouver, Canuckistan
Originally Posted By: Leaf85
Actually there is only one major controversy currently and that's the unlocks/xp which is part of the single player campaign (but affects MP/co-op). The sim itself is pretty decent and still in development. Kinda hard to separate fact from fiction with all the hysteria, trolling, and knee-jerk reactiveness (some community members and some dev group people) if you let yourself succumb to that.

I'd say you're wrong on this count. I know that quite a few of us are upset with the inability to customize graphics options or difficulty settings for the campaign, the lack-luster single player campaign, and the ham-fisted way in which unlocks are presented.

S = k ln W
#4023624 - 10/17/14 12:43 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: mugwump]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: mugwump

I'd say you're wrong on this count. I know that quite a few of us are upset with the inability to customize graphics options or difficulty settings for the campaign, the lack-luster single player campaign, and the ham-fisted way in which unlocks are presented.

I agree with this...that is the issue here is far more significant than the XP/unlock controversy....though that is the most obvious and in-your-face symptom of the disparity between what many people were expecting to get with an IL2 branded flight sim/game and what 777/1C is determined to produce.

The war going on is really about business models here as much as it is about features and functions of the game. IMO 777/1C wants to ape WT and other games with XP/micro-transactions for monetezation, while having a large up front purchase cost. In short they want to have the best of both worlds. Charge customers up front a cost for the product just like "the old days"...and then lock it down and turn it into a micro-transaction grind fest like the "freemium" WT model.

The uproar is..that people are waking up to this ...hence the changes in votes on XP from "I can deal with it if there is a way to work around it"...which is just a stalking horse for buying your way out of locks...to "I dislike it and it changes my interest in the product"

This IMO is where the real fight is right now....features or limitations of the game may or may not be fixed, but this is a sideshow to the business monetization model that 777/1C has wheeled in (Trojan Horse style)...and the Il2 or ROF or you name your "old model" of paying for your flight sim product....citizens of Troy

have begun to realize....and that is why there is the incipient rebellion.

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4023632 - 10/17/14 01:08 PM Re: Devs suffer complete mental breakdown. [Re: mugwump]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
Originally Posted By: mugwump

And the the fact it uses the digital nature engine, and it seems is very limited on amount of content that can used in a missions. Low. This means even with mods and the ME being used will be limited with not only what they can do, but how many objects they can add. Again I am most disappointed about this. Not being able to make a true dynamic campaign, and no huge air/ground battles.

Also the always "on" connection in order to have your profile, and fly the SP campaign.

There is a lot more than just the XP/unlocks that have made people upset.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
K2-18b - Life?
by RossUK. 04/27/24 10:46 AM
Jim Scoutten was 77
by F4UDash4. 04/27/24 10:35 AM
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.