Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 54 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 53 54
#3893947 - 01/12/14 01:06 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

I don't use ATI, but I'm guessing that CCC should have an option to force AA to "use application setting" or something similar.

Also, did you test sweetfx in CFS3 and/or OFF? If either of those work, then the problem is probably specific to WOFF.

My only other recommendation would be to backup your pilot information and do a clean uninstall, then reinstall CFS3 then WOFF and test the sweetfx after applying each patch one-by-one in sequence starting from v1.01.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

#3893952 - 01/12/14 01:21 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Is there anyone elso in this thread who runs an ATI card and has sweetFX running? If so, I would appreciate knowing what your Catalyst Control centre settings are at. A screen capture with snipping tool would be great. Hopefully it will give me a base to work from.

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/12/14 01:22 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#3894048 - 01/12/14 05:14 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Robert ive got ATI 5770.....latest 13.12 drivers...Anti Aliasing mode=Overide App settings,AA=8,filter=box,Anti-Aliasing method=Multisampling,Morphological Filtering=Off

Anisotropic Filtering=Overide application settings,Anisotropic filtering=8,Texture Filtering quality=standard,surface Format Optimization=on

Wait for vertical Refresh=Always On
OpenGL Triple Buffering =on

Tessellation Mode Override Application Settings
Maximum Tessellation...OFF

Thats my ATI settings with SweetFx and no problems with WOFF at all...Hope it Helps

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#3894082 - 01/12/14 06:52 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Adger]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

Originally Posted By: Adger
Robert ive got ATI 5770.....latest 13.12 drivers...Anti Aliasing mode=Overide App settings,AA=8,filter=box,Anti-Aliasing method=Multisampling,Morphological Filtering=Off

Anisotropic Filtering=Overide application settings,Anisotropic filtering=8,Texture Filtering quality=standard,surface Format Optimization=on

Wait for vertical Refresh=Always On
OpenGL Triple Buffering =on

Tessellation Mode Override Application Settings
Maximum Tessellation...OFF

Thats my ATI settings with SweetFx and no problems with WOFF at all...Hope it Helps

Same settings here, with exception of Box filter. Also, Vertical Refresh may not work with WOFF, depending on which ATI card you have. Many ATI users will need to use a third party Vsync program (e.g. D3DOverrider) to actually see vsync applied in-game.

Last edited by BirdDogICT; 01/12/14 06:54 PM.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#3894089 - 01/12/14 07:00 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: BirdDogICT]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted By: BirdDogICT
Same settings here, with exception of Box filter. Also, Vertical Refresh may not work with WOFF, depending on which ATI card you have. Many ATI users will need to use a third party Vsync program (e.g. D3DOverrider) to actually see vsync applied in-game.

Is there much of a difference with Box and your settings BirdDog?Im pretty certain that my 5770 is fine aswell bud using CCC vertical refresh,ive tested it on other games and it caps them at 60fps to reduce tearing etc... But like BirdDog says Robert, different cards may use D3DOverrider

We will remember them.
#3894120 - 01/12/14 08:28 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Adger]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

Box filter isn't available on later ATI cards. Your choices are Standard or Edge-Detect filters and Multisampling, Adaptive Multisampling, and Supersampling AA methods.

As for Vsync being on in Catalyst, whether or not it will work depends on whether there is in-game support for Vsync. Even if your game supports Vsync, ATI drivers don't always activate Vsync properly, depending on the version of card, game, and Catalyst driver. It's a well-documented, annoying problem with ATI drivers.

Since WOFF doesn't support Vsync, you have to go with a 3rd party Vsync product if you want Vsync. Since patch 1.11, I haven't been able to tell much difference with Vsync on or off. Running completely smooth without it.

Last edited by BirdDogICT; 01/13/14 12:27 AM.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

#3894139 - 01/12/14 09:06 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: BirdDogICT]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thanks for the update BirdDog,il have a look at a 3rd party product to check my v-sync settings.. smile2

We will remember them.
#3894142 - 01/12/14 09:12 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
HotTom Offline
HotTom  Offline

Phoenix, AZ, USA
Robert, I am using a 6870 and having zero problems.

In AA: AA Mode and AA Samples both use app settings. Filter is standard, AA Method is Multisampling and Morph Filter is Off.

In Textures: AF Mode and level both are set for application settings, Texture Filtering Quality is Standard and Surface Format Opt is on.

In Frame Rate, Vert Refresh is Off unless application specifies; Open GL Triple Buffering is Off.

In tessellation: Tessellation Mode and Max Tessellation: Use application settings.

Don't know if helps but there it is. Based on what Bird Dog posted I may change my Vert Refresh to On but see no need to fool with Open GL Triple Buffering as this is not an Open GL sim.

I have been very impressed with what good FPS I get with rather high app settings.

Last edited by HotTom; 01/12/14 09:15 PM.

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!
#3894145 - 01/12/14 09:26 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: BirdDogICT]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

Adger,

I use D3DOverrider and have never experienced any problems with it. You have the option of turning Vsync and Triple Buffering on or off. Very easy to create a profile for CFS3.exe or other applications.

You basically load it before starting a game, and it resides in memory. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u7li53d4a17d4yp/D3DOverrider.rar

Last edited by BirdDogICT; 01/12/14 09:30 PM.

#3894193 - 01/12/14 11:57 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: BirdDogICT]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
BirdDog, HotTom, Adger;

Thanks folks for the comeback!! Well I don't know if this will matter but one thing stands out. My vert refresh was set to "on, unless application specifies" and my tessellation mode was set to "AMD Optimized".

I will try one more time to see if the adjustment has any effect.

Best Regards;

(System_Specs)

#3894264 - 01/13/14 04:00 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
BirdDog, HotTom, Adger;

Thanks folks for the comeback!! Well I don't know if this will matter but one thing stands out. My vert refresh was set to "on, unless application specifies" and my tessellation mode was set to "AMD Optimized".

I will try one more time to see if the adjustment has any effect.

Best Regards;

OK I have discovered what is causing WOFF to fail on load. I have all of the SweetFX files in the WOFF OBD folder as specified. When I remove the "D3D9.dll" file Woff runs fine. If I put it back I get the same crash of WOFF when it loads. I will look for another D3D9.dll to confirm if something is wrong with mine.

I'm getting closer!! Where is the best place to get this file (locations where you have downloaded it from)?

(System_Specs)

#3894274 - 01/13/14 04:31 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
Glubber Offline
Glubber  Offline

I'm not convinced that that's the problem, Robert, since so many of us are downloading the same file and using it with no problem. If there's something that's corrupting your download, well that might be an issue, but if you've repeatedly downloaded it and it's still that file give you a problem, I think the problem lies elsewhere. Of course, that's probably the least helpful answer for you right now, since I don't have a solution. Sorry!

edit...

Just throwing this out there... did you have a different video card in your comp before your 7870? And if so, you completely uninstalled all those drivers?

Last edited by Glubber; 01/13/14 04:37 AM.
#3894283 - 01/13/14 04:58 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Glubber]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Glubber
I'm not convinced that that's the problem, Robert, since so many of us are downloading the same file and using it with no problem. If there's something that's corrupting your download, well that might be an issue, but if you've repeatedly downloaded it and it's still that file give you a problem, I think the problem lies elsewhere. Of course, that's probably the least helpful answer for you right now, since I don't have a solution. Sorry!

edit...

Just throwing this out there... did you have a different video card in your comp before your 7870? And if so, you completely uninstalled all those drivers?

Correction to my last post:
Removal of the D3D9.dll got WOFF up, but as soon as I tried to load a quick combat it failed with a dll error.
I then removed the D3D8.dll, and everything ran fine, but no sweetFX. all the other sweetFX files remained in the WOFF folder

In response to your ?, my vid card has been in for nearly a year with no problems and I haven't changed it.
There is definitely some problem with dll resolution when WOFF runs, but I'm lost at this point as to where to look.

By the way, before this recent test I had uninstalled WOFF, and then re-installed it adding the latest patch V1.11

Thanks for responding

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/13/14 05:00 AM.

(System_Specs)

#3894289 - 01/13/14 05:23 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
Glubber Offline
Glubber  Offline

So, just perusing the net looking for ANYTHING... do you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed? Some folks last year had issues with sweetfx and ie10, but it's hard to believe those would still be persisting.

Also, what are your graphics settings ingame, resolution and all?

Last edited by Glubber; 01/13/14 05:25 AM.
#3894293 - 01/13/14 05:32 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
Geodude Offline
Geodude  Offline

Just for troubleshooting purposes...while keeping both the d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll files present (i.e., not removed), have you tried changing the line in the "SweetFX_compatibility_settings.txt" file (in the main WOFF directory) from:

#define SweetFX_shader_model 3

to read:

#define SweetFX_shader_model 2

This should *NOT* be required, but it would be weird if doing so enabled SweetFX to work with your card. It might tell the coders something...but I'm just guessing at this point. You seem to have tried most everything, but I can't help but feel it's some "simple" thing we're all missing.

#3894295 - 01/13/14 05:34 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Geodude]  
Glubber Offline
Glubber  Offline

Originally Posted By: Geodude
...You seem to have tried most everything, but I can't help but feel it's some "simple" thing we're all missing.

This. I wish we could all sit around Robert's computer and tackle this thing.

So far he's tried a couple different methods, first involving flightfx and then yaan's more straightforward sweetfx install. WoFF has been reinstalled, no wrappers are running in the background, reinstalled directx (?)... it's either something more complicated or as simple as misplaced folders or files, but from all he's said it sounds like it should be good to go.

Last edited by Glubber; 01/13/14 05:38 AM.
#3894301 - 01/13/14 06:10 AM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: AnKor]  
Broadside_Uda_Barn Offline
Broadside_Uda_Barn  Offline

Honolulu, HI
Yeah, been stewing over this one.

Robert, if you want, you can try this:
1--Download the newest drivers for your video card (or an older set if you have the newest.
2--Uninstall your video card in device manager.
3--Reboot.
4--Let windows find your video card and load it with the default driver.
5--Install your new set of drivers.
6--Load up WoFF and play a QC
7--Install SweetFX ala the instructions posted earlier
8--Load up WoFF and enjoy SweetFX (hopefully the error is now gone)

Alternatively, after step 2, do this: NUKE your current video drivers with a video card nuker
like this one
This gets rid of any straggler files or contents from previous driver versions.
I use Nvidia only, so I just googled a drive nuker for ATI...someone else might have a better nuker to recommend.

As an additional step, you can then wipe your drive of Woff, and reinstall WoFF in a different directory (like C:\games\Woff)

Then reboot and continue with step 4.

That's a clean sweep of things. Something just isnt right...

Last edited by Broadside_Uda_Barn; 01/13/14 06:13 AM.

AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
#3894373 - 01/13/14 01:13 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Glubber]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Glubber
So, just perusing the net looking for ANYTHING... do you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed? Some folks last year had issues with sweetfx and ie10, but it's hard to believe those would still be persisting.

Also, what are your graphics settings ingame, resolution and all?

in answer to your ?'s: IE 11, in game graphics res 1920 x 1080

(System_Specs)

#3894375 - 01/13/14 01:23 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (that actually works) [Re: Geodude]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Geodude
Just for troubleshooting purposes...while keeping both the d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll files present (i.e., not removed), have you tried changing the line in the "SweetFX_compatibility_settings.txt" file (in the main WOFF directory) from:

#define SweetFX_shader_model 3

to read:

#define SweetFX_shader_model 2

This should *NOT* be required, but it would be weird if doing so enabled SweetFX to work with your card. It might tell the coders something...but I'm just guessing at this point. You seem to have tried most everything, but I can't help but feel it's some "simple" thing we're all missing.

my log.log file errors with the following:

full path: G:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
G:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\d3d9.fx(210,18): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'SweetFX_main'

the contents of my D3D9.fx file looks like this:

/**
* Copyright (C) 2011 Jorge Jimenez (jorge@iryoku.com)
* Copyright (C) 2011 Belen Masia (bmasia@unizar.es)
* Copyright (C) 2011 Jose I. Echevarria (joseignacioechevarria@gmail.com)
* Copyright (C) 2011 Fernando Navarro (fernandn@microsoft.com)
* Copyright (C) 2011 Diego Gutierrez (diegog@unizar.es)
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the following disclaimer
* in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* distribution:
* "Uses SMAA. Copyright (C) 2011 by Jorge Jimenez, Jose I. Echevarria,
* Belen Masia, Fernando Navarro and Diego Gutierrez."
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS
* IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are
* those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official
* policies, either expressed or implied, of the copyright holders.
*/

//Include SweetFX settings
#include "SweetFX_preset.txt"
#include "SweetFX/SweetFX_compatibility_settings.txt"

/**
* Setup mandatory defines. Use a real macro here for maximum performance!
*/
#ifndef SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE // It's actually set on runtime, this is for compilation time syntax checking.
#define SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE float2(1.0 / 1920.0, 1.0 / 1080.0)
#endif

/**
* This can be ignored; its purpose is to support interactive custom parameter
* tweaking.
*/

/*
float threshold;
float maxSearchSteps;
float maxSearchStepsDiag;
*/

/*
#ifdef SMAA_PRESET_CUSTOM
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS maxSearchSteps
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG maxSearchStepsDiag
#define SMAA_FORCE_DIAGONALS 1
#endif
*/

// Set the HLSL version:
#define SMAA_HLSL_3 1

// And include our header!
#include "SweetFX\Shaders\SMAA.h"

/**
* Input vars and textures.
*/

texture2D colorTex2D;
/*texture2D depthTex2D;*/
texture2D edgesTex2D;
texture2D blendTex2D;
texture2D areaTex2D;
texture2D searchTex2D;

/**
* DX9 samplers.
*/
sampler2D colorTex {
Texture = <colorTex2D>;
AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp;
MipFilter = Point; MinFilter = Linear; MagFilter = Linear;
SRGBTexture = true;
};

sampler2D colorTexG {
Texture = <colorTex2D>;
MipFilter = Linear; MinFilter = Linear; MagFilter = Linear;
SRGBTexture = false;
};

/*
sampler2D depthTex {
Texture = <depthTex2D>;
SRGBTexture = false;
};
*/

sampler2D edgesTex {
Texture = <edgesTex2D>;
SRGBTexture = false;
};

sampler2D blendTex {
Texture = <blendTex2D>;
SRGBTexture = false;
};

sampler2D areaTex {
Texture = <areaTex2D>;
AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp; AddressW = Clamp;
SRGBTexture = false;
};

sampler2D searchTex {
Texture = <searchTex2D>;
AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp; AddressW = Clamp;
MipFilter = Point; MinFilter = Point; MagFilter = Point;
SRGBTexture = false;
};

//Include the main SweetFX control shader
#include "SweetFX/Shaders/Main.h"

#if (USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING == 1)

/**
* Function wrappers
*/
void DX9_SMAAEdgeDetectionVS(inout float4 position : POSITION,
inout float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0,
out float4 offset[3] : TEXCOORD1) {
SMAAEdgeDetectionVS(position, position, texcoord, offset);
}

void DX9_SMAABlendWeightCalculationVS(inout float4 position : POSITION,
out float2 pixcoord : TEXCOORD1,
out float4 offset[3] : TEXCOORD2) {
SMAABlendWeightCalculationVS(position, position, texcoord, pixcoord, offset);
}

void DX9_SMAANeighborhoodBlendingVS(inout float4 position : POSITION,
out float4 offset[2] : TEXCOORD1) {
SMAANeighborhoodBlendingVS(position, position, texcoord, offset);
}

float4 DX9_SMAALumaEdgeDetectionPS(float4 position : SV_POSITION,
float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0,
float4 offset[3] : TEXCOORD1,
uniform SMAATexture2D colorGammaTex) : COLOR {
return SMAALumaEdgeDetectionPS(texcoord, offset, colorGammaTex);
}

float4 DX9_SMAAColorEdgeDetectionPS(float4 position : SV_POSITION,
uniform SMAATexture2D colorGammaTex) : COLOR {
return SMAAColorEdgeDetectionPS(texcoord, offset, colorGammaTex);
}

float4 DX9_SMAADepthEdgeDetectionPS(float4 position : SV_POSITION,
uniform SMAATexture2D depthTex) : COLOR {
return SMAADepthEdgeDetectionPS(texcoord, offset, depthTex);
}

float4 DX9_SMAABlendingWeightCalculationPS(float4 position : SV_POSITION,
float2 pixcoord : TEXCOORD1,
float4 offset[3] : TEXCOORD2,
uniform SMAATexture2D edgesTex,
uniform SMAATexture2D areaTex,
uniform SMAATexture2D searchTex) : COLOR {
return SMAABlendingWeightCalculationPS(texcoord, pixcoord, offset, edgesTex, areaTex, searchTex, 0);
}

float4 DX9_SMAANeighborhoodBlendingPS(float4 position : SV_POSITION,
float4 offset[2] : TEXCOORD1,
uniform SMAATexture2D colorTex,
uniform SMAATexture2D blendTex) : COLOR {

float4 SMAAoutput = SMAANeighborhoodBlendingPS(texcoord, offset, colorTex, blendTex);

SMAAoutput = SweetFX_main(texcoord,SMAAoutput); // Add the other effects

return SMAAoutput; //Returning the pixel
}

/*----------------------------------------------------------*/

/**
* Time for some techniques!
*/
technique LumaEdgeDetection { // Pass 1A
pass LumaEdgeDetection {
VertexShader = compile vs_3_0 DX9_SMAAEdgeDetectionVS();

#if COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION == 1
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 DX9_SMAAColorEdgeDetectionPS(colorTexG);
#else
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 DX9_SMAALumaEdgeDetectionPS(colorTexG);
#endif

ZEnable = false;
SRGBWriteEnable = false;
AlphaBlendEnable = false;

// We will be creating the stencil buffer for later usage.
StencilEnable = true;
StencilPass = REPLACE;
StencilRef = 1;
}
}
/*
technique ColorEdgeDetection { // Pass 1B
pass ColorEdgeDetection {
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 DX9_SMAAColorEdgeDetectionPS(colorTexG);
ZEnable = false;
SRGBWriteEnable = false;

StencilEnable = true;
StencilPass = REPLACE;
StencilRef = 1;
}
}
*/
/*
technique DepthEdgeDetection { // Pass 1C
pass DepthEdgeDetection {
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 DX9_SMAADepthEdgeDetectionPS(depthTex);
ZEnable = false;
SRGBWriteEnable = false;

StencilEnable = true;
StencilPass = REPLACE;
StencilRef = 1;
}
}
*/

technique BlendWeightCalculation { // Pass 2
pass BlendWeightCalculation {
VertexShader = compile vs_3_0 DX9_SMAABlendWeightCalculationVS();
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 DX9_SMAABlendingWeightCalculationPS(edgesTex, areaTex, searchTex);
ZEnable = false;
SRGBWriteEnable = false;

// Here we want to process only marked pixels.
StencilEnable = true;
StencilPass = KEEP;
StencilFunc = EQUAL;
StencilRef = 1;
}
}

technique NeighborhoodBlending { // Pass 3
pass NeighborhoodBlending {
VertexShader = compile vs_3_0 DX9_SMAANeighborhoodBlendingVS();
PixelShader = compile ps_3_0 DX9_SMAANeighborhoodBlendingPS(colorTex, blendTex);
ZEnable = false;
#if (Need_sRGB == 1)
SRGBWriteEnable = false;
#else
SRGBWriteEnable = true;
#endif

// Here we want to process all the pixels.
StencilEnable = false;
}
}

#else // if SMAA is off

/*---------------------------------------.
| :: SweetFX - SMAA_off vertex shader :: |
'---------------------------------------*/

void DX9_SMAA_off_VS(inout float4 position : POSITION
,inout float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0
//,out float4 lumacoord[2] : TEXCOORD1
){

//lumacoord[0] = pixel.xyxy * (float4(0.5, -0.5, -0.5, -0.5) * offset_bias) + texcoord.xyxy;
//lumacoord[1] = pixel.xyxy * (float4(0.5, 0.5, -0.5, 0.5) * offset_bias) + texcoord.xyxy;

}

/*--------------------------------------.
| :: SweetFX - SMAA_off pixel shader :: |
'--------------------------------------*/

float4 main( float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0
//, float4 lumacoord[2] : TEXCOORD1
) : COLOR {

float4 SMAAoutput = tex2D(s0, texcoord);

//SMAAoutput = SweetFX_main(SMAAoutput,texcoord,lumacoord); // Add the other effects
SMAAoutput = SweetFX_main(texcoord,SMAAoutput); // Add the other effects

return SMAAoutput; //Returning the pixel
}

/*--------------------------.
| :: SweetFX - Technique :: |
'--------------------------*/

//What Shader Model should we use?
#if (SweetFX_shader_model == 0)
#define vertex_shader_model vs_2_0
#define pixel_shader_model ps_2_0

#elif (SweetFX_shader_model == 1)
#define pixel_shader_model ps_2_a

#elif (SweetFX_shader_model == 2)
#define pixel_shader_model ps_2_b

#else
#define vertex_shader_model vs_3_0
#define pixel_shader_model ps_3_0

#endif

technique SMAA_off { // Not doing SMAA.
pass SMAA_off {

VertexShader = compile vertex_shader_model DX9_SMAA_off_VS();
PixelShader = compile pixel_shader_model main(); //Use this with GPU Shaderanalyzer

ZEnable = false;
SRGBWriteEnable = false;

// Here we want to process all the pixels.
StencilEnable = false;
}
}
#endif

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/13/14 01:27 PM.

(System_Specs)

#3894376 - 01/13/14 01:27 PM Re: DirectX 8 to 9 converter (January 1st) [Re: AnKor]  
kaa Offline
kaa  Offline

France
Two silly questions :

1. The d3d8 files (dll and ini) have to be extracted in the directory where the CFS3.exe is : I understand that it is the WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields directory (and then the d3d8.dll coexists with a previous d3d9.dll) am I correct or do I have to intell them to the CFS3 directory, provided that i have a cfs3 install ?

2. How can I check my DXconverter/ FlightFX /SweetFX modification is running well ?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you !

Last edited by kaa; 01/13/14 01:27 PM.

"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him."
Tom Cundall.
Page 10 of 54 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 53 54

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.