Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1768820 - 04/15/06 09:36 PM X52 trouble  
CheXtreme Offline
CheXtreme  Offline

Belgium
Ive bought an X52 and am setting it up. The problem is that the buttons do not function in FalconAF nor in IL2. Throttle and stick work just fine.

After i used the drivers from the CD. Then i updated via the about tab in the control panel, which resulted in a BSOD. Now i have downloaded the Saitek drivers and software from the Saitek Site. Driver version 5.5.0.82 and software version 4.3.3.2050 are labeled.

The strange thing is in the control panel where you can test em all the buttons respond and they appear with their function on the MFD when i use a profile and press a button. I loaded different profiles and even created a test profile but nothing seem to do the job. If i use wordpad nothing appears, i tried this with different profiles. If anyone could give me a clue it would make my day.

Im running windows XP/SP2.

Cheers

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1768821 - 04/15/06 10:22 PM Re: X52 trouble  
nerves Offline
nerves  Offline

Jacksonville, Fl.
If your profile was loaded properly, you should have a "green" light/box over your Saitek icon in your windows tool bar. Additionally your profiles name should be displayed in the X-52 MFD/LCD. More over, every time time you press a button on the X-52, the command name of the profile/action is displayed in the LCD. If that's happening then you should see those commad (key strike) on notepad....

#1768822 - 04/15/06 11:14 PM Re: X52 trouble  
CheXtreme Offline
CheXtreme  Offline

Belgium
Quote:
If your profile was loaded properly, you should have a "green" light/box over your Saitek icon in your windows tool bar. Additionally your profiles name should be displayed in the X-52 MFD/LCD. More over, every time time you press a button on the X-52, the command name of the profile/action is displayed in the LCD. If that's happening then you should see those commad (key strike) on notepad....
I know it should... Everything happens like you describe above but no command on notepad, nor does it work in a flightsim witch is a logical consequence. I dont get it too.

Are there any isues with the x52 and an AZERTY keyboard. This wouldnt make any sense but i start to doubt anything.

#1768823 - 04/16/06 12:22 AM Re: X52 trouble  
Ol' Roy Offline
Ol' Roy  Offline

Richmond, TX
OK -- this may be a dumb question -- but have you tried the Saitek Forum. I found some answers there for mine.

Ol' Roy
eMachines T2862,Intel 330D/2.66GHz
60 GB Drive, 1GB Mem, VoiceActCmds
GForce FX5500,WinXP2,X52,TrackIR4
#1768824 - 04/16/06 12:43 AM Re: X52 trouble  
Big A Offline
Big A  Offline

Lombard,IL
CheXtreme,

Nerves advice is dead on.

I have been flying IL2/PF and two versions of Falcon with X52 using the original supplied software/drivers disc with no problems on XP/SP2 here.

Profile Editor Version 4.3.3.2000 here.

Saitek X52 Flight Stick Properties (From Control Panel) Driver Version 5.0.0.2000 here.

The installation of your new drivers does sound questionable.

Is your X52 controller selected in the setup options for these games instead of "Keyboard"?

Is the X52 your only game controller? (ID# issues in IL2)

I recommend loading one of your profiles and using the "Sticktest" utility to see if your stick non-axis outputs are good in the utility.

I can email the utility to you if you do not have it (1.6 Mb) (PM me with email).

Good non Russian IL2 stick setup instructions here:
http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

and here:
http://www.airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=829

#1768825 - 04/16/06 12:46 AM Re: X52 trouble  
Captain Anthem Offline
Captain Anthem  Offline

I might try uninstalling and getting a clean install. That BSOD might be the issue. I don't know what would cause that though. Thats my guess.

Rather than asking who we’re going to fly the F-22 against, we should ask who’s going to fly against the F-22?
#1768826 - 04/16/06 08:26 AM Re: X52 trouble  
CheXtreme Offline
CheXtreme  Offline

Belgium
The reason i updated the drivers was the fact that the buttons didnt function in F4 nor in IL2.

The controller is selected in the setup of the games i tried it with, and the throttle and stick work. Even the 8 way hat worked in F4 to look around but nothing else responds. When i use wordpad for example i press the Landing gear button. This command appears in the MFD of the throttle but there is no g - output in the wordpad. It seems that everything related to keypresses with a letter or symbol output doesnt function.

In the profile editor when i push a button the square according to this button turns blue, but it became unresponsive acouple of times.

I read a lot on the Saitek forums but they all advice for a driver update. But im gonna post there too. I will try a clean install now with the drivers that came with the stick.

The issue with the BSOD seems to be related to the fact that if you update your drivers you should update the sst software too. Thats what i read on the Saitek forums.

Im gonna try the sticktest utility too.

Thanks for all the input , The search goes on. wish me luck.

Edit: Big A id love to PM you but you dont have the option selected so i cant. And im a bit reluctant of posting my email in public.

EDIT 2: I found the problem. I did a clean install and got an error that the magic mouse and magic keyboard, didnt start up. Then i tried the updated drivers from the Saitek web site and this did the trick. I think is made a fault at the moment the setup promted me to install the drivers for the magic mouse and keyboard. I selected not te check online as recommended but in the next screen i selected advanced. So you can select the driver to install. This caused the fact that those drivers simply werent installed. Now i ticked the recommended box and the drivers got properly installed. I knew it was something i overlooked. Thanks again for the input
\:D

#1768827 - 04/16/06 02:16 PM Re: X52 trouble  
Big A Offline
Big A  Offline

Lombard,IL
Good news then. You will love the X52.

If you still want that stick utility, I reset my forum profile again so PM me or email.

The utility is especially good for multiple keystroke commands which can get lost depending on your hardware. Also good with F keys, etc that won't show in notepad.

#1768828 - 04/21/06 02:36 PM Re: X52 trouble  
Porkchop Offline
Porkchop  Offline

Parma, OH, USA
Ah the old "magic mouse, magic keyboard" thing.
I use to get those messages when I used the cyborg. Coolest looking stick out there! I still like my X-52 better though. (even though it looks like something out of a GI Joe cartoon)

I love it when a plan comes together. ~ H. Smith "The A-Team".

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.