Hello fellow WOTRers, quick update to this thread to indicate that the (previous) WOTR GPU Tuner Patch and WOTR Phase One Enhancement Package have been superseded by the more complete and improved WOTR Phase Two Enhancement Package that is compatible with the BoF expansion for WOTR. The Enhancement Package includes improved scenery and texture budgets files, among several other file tweaks, and that help to maintain good, steady FPS and good quality terrain graphics in WOTR Phase Two.

Average FPS with the package range from about 60 (cockpit views) to about 70 or so (external views), while terrain graphics, especially at distances, are slightly crisper than possible with the older Tuner Patch. The package is found under the link located in the info. section below. I will leave the older WOTR GPU Tuner Patch (and Phase One Enhancement Package) under the relevant thread too - but recommended at this point is the WOTR Phase Two Enhancement Package instead. Continue however using the older Phase One Enhancement Package with Phase One of WOTR (if you never upgraded to the BoF expansion).

See also the relevant post regarding my various GPU Tuners and WOTR that is located under the mods. sub-thread for WOTR on SimHQ (for other details and files to remove if still running the Phase One Enhancement Package and/or older WOTR GPU Tuner in the BoF expansion pack).

EDIT: optional FrankenMiniTuner Ver. 1.2 add-on for the WOTR Enhancement Package is compatible both with the Phase One and Phase Two Enhancement Packages.

Happy WOTRing all,
Von S smile2

----------

Was busy with a few more tweaks, and so I present to all interested, the WOTR GPU Tuner Patch (available in the post linked to below):

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-780879

The file is JSGME ready. Simply unzip the file, and then place the folders called "01_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.1" and "02_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.2" inside your MODS folder for WOTR. Load up with JSGME and go fly. The "02" folder should be installed after the base "01" folder and is optional.

Some features of the tweaks:

- includes an extended preload.xml file to help load extra cloud types, etc., as per the HarryH preload file for WOFF
- no blue triangles
- hardly any micro-stuttering noticeable, if at all
- graphics maintained at high quality (both at low and importantly at higher alts. too)
- fps seem fairly smooth
- possibly lighter on GPU usage than stock numbers (by about 10% less)
- tree congestion has been slightly thinned out in this patch (by about 10-15%) from stock (should work well with the relevant European geography often flown over in WOTR)
- patch pixel dim and floating size numbers applied, for those interested, are floating size of 512, and pixel dim of 256 (these nos. seem to work best; tested with a variety of others and different ratios but no benefits were noticed)
- max. fps top out at around 130-140 (external views), with clear blue skies, and this patch installed; cockpit/internal views average to about 70 fps

Addition to ver. 1.1:

- includes an improved preload.xml file based on the one provided by HarryH for his no-cloud-popping mod. for WOFF

Addition to ver. 1.2:

- includes an improved "compositetexturebudgets" file in the "02" patch folder that improves "ringdim" and "tilecount" values slightly, for slightly more crisp terrains when viewed from higher alts., and at slightly greater distances (the change is subtle and does not impact negatively on fps)
- ave. fps are similar to those when the base "01" folder is installed and may also be slightly higher (3-5 fps higher approx.)
- the "02" folder should be installed after the base "01" folder, not before

----------

Attached Files wotr1.jpgwotr2.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 02/20/23 04:34 AM. Reason: Included relevant info. regarding the WOTR Phase Two Enhancement Package.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~