Originally Posted by Redwolf

Had an AMD/Radeon RX470 with new drivers and it ran both WOFF UE and WOTR just fine (now have GTX1060). I think there is some misinformation going around.

No, this isn't misinformation! This is my first hand and personal experience. BTW, my video card is an AMD R9 290 which is a pretty excellent video card (IMO).

After updating to a certain driver (I can't remember the version) what happened was that when I started a mission (in WOFF UE) the screen went black but otherwise I could hear the sounds of the game and the game was otherwise running "normally" (just didn't have image on the screen) because I could heard the sound of the engine changing when applying throttle.

Originally Posted by JJJ65
Sorry for OT in OT, but :
@Redwolf and ricnunes
I had the same problem with AMD card (HD7870) not running WOFF with new drivers, so I personaly solved that by buying GTX1060 6GB card.
BTW, I do not regret that decision wink .

Curiously before having my R9 290, I had an HD7850 and I didn't have this problem.
However I grant that it could have been a coincidence that I received the new video card (R9 290) in the moment when the first driver that started giving problems with WOFF came out.

Regarding trading my card for another like yours (GTX1060 6GB) that's for me a no-go and this for several reasons, such as:
- Like I previously stated my card is very good/excellent and I'm very happy with it. My next upgrade must be a new CPU and a Motherboard to support the new CPU since these are without any doubt my PC's current "bottleneck" and I don't have the "financial will" (if you will) to put a CPU on top of the investment that I will have to make rather soon (and again I'm still very happy with my current video card). And on top of this and while the GTX1060 6GB should be a bit better than the R9 290, the investment simply doesn't justify it (IMO).
- I don't wish to get into a hot/polemical topic/discussion but I'll have to say this:
I don't think that changing the video card should be a solution to fix a problem with a "single game" (WOTR being a derivative of WOFF) and I honestly believe that any game should work well with at least Nvidia and AMD video cards alike.

Originally Posted by dutch

A roll back to an old driver would not being any problem, I did never see any FPS improvement in getting new Video drivers for WoFF. The 25% improvement you read in the driver update is not for this flysim game niche.
Thats why, if you are not that genius in computers, let windows do the Video driver update and when installing the new Video card driver, read everything and mark the checkbox thats says clean install, so all the old drivers will be removed.

This is also a no-go solution for me. No, I don't have any technical/knowledge problems in reverting the video drivers to an old version but this is something that I strongly believe that I shouldn't be needing to do. Moreover I play other games (Arma3 for example, among others...) that take advantage of newer drivers, so another no-go reason for me.