Originally Posted by Exorcet
Originally Posted by - Ice
Read this bit again

I addressed that, they don't have anything to save face over.

Ah, yes of course.... because this 3-day DRM thing is going exactly as planned, alongside all their other projects that are going exactly as planned. Absolutely nothing to save face over. biggrin

Then maybe don't participate in a thread where assumptions are made?

Why? I can just not make assumptions.

Good luck with that then.

I don't like the new DRM, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's out of touch with reality. It will work absolutely fine for the majority of the time. The issue is that it's very harsh system for extreme circumstances. ED way underestimated how important those off circumstances are to many.

You don't think it's out of touch with reality? You think it will work fine for the majority of the time?

assumtion
noun - a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

It's a reasonable assumption, sure, but you just said you will not make assumptions. wink

Having pointed that out, why wait for a "suxx to be you" moment when there exists the possibility and technology now for games to be verified but still be playable offline for an indefinite amount of time?

Of course, there are things I don't know. I can't act based on those things. I don't have any explanation for your 40% warning accrued from posting off the ED forum, but that does sound very excessive.

I'm glad you acknowledge there are things you don't know..... so maybe it's best not to make blanket statements like "people don't get banned for disagreeing... at least that's what I see"
As for my 40% warning, it is rule 1.13.

I'm not familiar with the rule numbers, so I don't know what 1.13 refers to exactly. I do agree that forum moderating was very heavy in the past there.

Google is your friend. I'm sure you do know this though since you know where to go and how to cite other rules like 1.10.... rule 1.13 has cropped up often enough in the past that I'm surprised if you've genuinely not heard of it.

I'm not worried about posts that start with "Please don't ban me", that doesn't necessarily speak to the nature of the forum. From what I see, it's not really warranted either. I've only seen so much though.

The damn post starts with "please don't ban me...." and you're not worried? If you acknowledge your limited forum exposure, then acknowledge the fact that if statements have to be prefaced with statements like these, something **IS** wrong.

Originally Posted by kaboki
To ICE, when i loose connection and cant play games(i only play online) wich hasnt happend too me the past 5 years, then I do something else and it actually feels good to get away from technology sometimes, doesnt bother me at all. There will always be time to play DCS again, its not like its going anywhere...

I'm glad it doesn't bother you at all. Maybe ED should implement this DRM for all your modules, but just because it's okay for you, please try to use some empathy for other users who may not have other hobbies or only have limited free time which has now gone to waste even though they are not at fault.

Soldiers have plenty of free time when they get home? What about their days off during deployment? People go on vacation? What if Dad just went on the lodge to spend time with is family and nature during the day, but wants to learn some new system on his favorite aircraft for an hour or two each night? What if they get to the lodge and find out that the satellite dish which brought internet to the lodge has been damaged by a fallen tree and there's no replacement to be bought nearby?

But it doesn't bother YOU so it must be okay, I guess....

- Ice